PDA

View Full Version : Saw this pic and had to share.....

Terry Hatfield
11-28-2003, 10:58 AM
Hello everyone,

I saw this pic on another forum and had to share. :D

This guy might want to consider buying a truck. :D :D :D :D

Terry

Perry Schmidt
11-28-2003, 1:16 PM
Hello everyone,

I saw this pic on another forum and had to share. :D

This guy might want to consider buying a truck. :D :D :D :D

Terry

Yea - I've seen this before: you can find the 'whole story' here: http://www.snopes.com/photos/lumber.asp. Here's clip form it.

"The materials were loaded at Home Depot. The Home Depot store manager made the customer sign a waiver before loading. Both back tires are trashed. The back shocks were driven up through the floorboard. On the roof are many 2X4s, 4X4s and OSL sheets of lumber. The load isn't all that meets the eye either. In the back seat were ten 80-pound bags of concrete! They estimated the load weight at 3000 lbs. The car is a VW Jetta with FL plates and the guy said he was headed for Annapolis!"

Truth is stranger than fiction! Thanks for reminding me of this - every time I see it I get a chuckle...

Perry

Terry Hatfield
11-28-2003, 1:36 PM
Perry,

Thanks for "the rest of the story". The sleeping/passed out wife/girlfriend/whatever in the passenger side seat is pricelss. I like how the story says "sleeping or otherwise out". Personally, I vote of otherwise. :D :D :D

These kinds of stories and pics are always good for a big belly laugh. some people.... :D :D

Here's a couple that came to me from a friend. He thought I might be interested since I'm in the insurance biz. These people obviously got cancelled. The airplane dude must have really angered his wife. :eek:

Terry

David LaRue
11-28-2003, 2:39 PM
I'm wondering wait the 'captain' of this vessel was thinking... " mmm I'm I supposed to go left or right - returning.... ??" "Just can't make up my mind. Hey I go one of those quick reference charts, I'll just take minute to look it up".. ... . .. crash :eek:

Note the name on the side of the boat, "Temporary Insanity" .... now probably permanently dead! :confused: Also note the line tied to the marker. :rolleyes:

hehehe

Dave

George Summers
11-28-2003, 5:01 PM
Terry -

I can't even begin to guess what happened to the plane. Can you tell us?

George

Terry Hatfield
11-28-2003, 5:58 PM
Terry -

I can't even begin to guess what happened to the plane. Can you tell us?

George

I don't know for sure George, but it looked to me like somebody was really mad and had access to a good reciprocating saw. :D

Terry

Tony Falotico
11-28-2003, 8:19 PM
I don't know for sure George, but it looked to me like somebody was really mad and had access to a good reciprocating saw. :D

Terry

Side Swiped by another prop plane ???

Terry Hatfield
11-28-2003, 9:46 PM
Side Swiped by another prop plane ???

Beats me really, but I guarantee I would not have wanted to have been setting in the passenger side rear seat at the time. :D

Terry

Don Abele
11-28-2003, 11:35 PM
I've seen the pic of the plane before - yes, it was hit by another plane. Those marks were made by the prop slicing through it. The Navy Safety Center maintains a huge collection of accidents and accidents waiting to happen photos - some are funny, most are very scarey.

Be well,

Doc