PDA

View Full Version : Ink

Dan Williams
02-01-2007, 5:17 PM
Can anyone tell me is Gel ink better or easier to write with. I am thinking of ordering some but was wondering if they write better than the regular Parker refills

Keith Burns
02-01-2007, 5:19 PM
Yes they do write better IMHO. However the ones I bought only lasted a week:eek: Needless to say I won't use them again.

Dan Williams
02-01-2007, 5:24 PM
Kieth Were they defective or do they just go through ink that fast? They are a buck a piece.

Neal Addy
02-01-2007, 5:33 PM
Funny thing. When I was selling pens like hotcakes I let several customers try both gel and ink. I even told them that I had heard gel was considered a better medium. They all ended up choosing ink without exception.

Get a couple of refills of both and test them out. Maybe your experience would be different.

Dario Octaviano
02-01-2007, 5:34 PM
I like the GEL ones much better.

I buy mine from CSUSA.

Kenneth Hertzog
02-01-2007, 5:58 PM
Remember
Gel is water base. the place where my wife works does NOT allow Gel refills
if water would happen to spill on the paper it runs
ken

SORRY

Rich Stewart
02-01-2007, 7:20 PM
I like the way gel writes, but like they said, they run out pretty quick. I used a gel writer for about a month and it ran out. I am now using a ball point and its been a couple months and still writing.

Stephen Hibbs
02-01-2007, 8:49 PM
Gel is too smooth for me, and I find myself writing even more messily with it. Plus they run out fast, and the ink stays wet longer, so it's easier to smudge. Just buy a cheap gel pen or borrow one to try it out. I vote ink

Bob Opsitos
02-02-2007, 8:53 AM
I like gel far better than regular ink. I've one in the pen I use everyday at work and it's lasted more than a year.

Bob