PDA

View Full Version : 34 degrees and....

Jim O'Dell
02-01-2007, 5:03 PM
It's snowing!! In Fort Worth!! Big lazy snow flakes. Starting to stick to the hoods of cars, but that's all. And getting heavier by the minute. We had/have a small chance of snow/sleet misxture after midnight, but this was not expected. Sure is pretty, though. Might have to rethink spending an hour or so in the shop tonight.:D Jim.

Dennis Peacock
02-01-2007, 5:15 PM
Yup, we got about 2" late yesterday and last night, most melted off today and it's snowing once more. I think it pretty and I like it when it snows. :D

David G Baker
02-01-2007, 7:18 PM
Jim,
Don't think it got up to 34 degrees today here in Mid Michigan. It has been pretty much staying in the low to mid twenties during the day and in the single digits over night. We have about 6 inches of snow on the ground now and it is supposed to have record breaking cold over the weekend.
My wood working area is not insulated or heated yet so the wood working is on hold for a while. My Pole barn is heated but I have been lazy for the past week or so and have been spending a lot of time on the Internet. I might have to drag out the John Deere tomorrow and plow the driveway before the cold sets in.
I still have to make a built in spice rack to finish off a kitchen remodel that I have been working on for the past six months.
Texas is sure getting some weather this year.
David B

Dick Latshaw
02-01-2007, 7:30 PM
It's 72 at the moment here in Tampa, with rain on the way. Supposed to get all the way down to 46 on Sunday night. Brrr...:):):):):):):)

Ken Fitzgerald
02-01-2007, 7:37 PM
To all of you folks down south......the white stuff .....it's snow.....frozen water.....it won't kill you....if you get enough you can make snowballs out of it......if you really get a lot you can make snowmen out of it.....if you don't get too much you can lay on it and make snow angels.....if you drive too fast and it's on the road you can customize the shape of your new car or old car or pickups.....:rolleyes: ;) :D

It snowed here this morning....the sun came out about noon.....the snow wasn't enough to accumulate.......low teens tonight........high in the 20s tomorrow.....but no snow......

Dick Latshaw
02-01-2007, 7:42 PM
To all of you folks down south......the white stuff .....it's snow.....frozen water.....it won't kill you.
Hah Ken - I grew up in Minneapolis. My favorite newspaper headline from up there, a few years ago: 'Warmer Tomorrow - High of 10 Below'. There's a reason I'm down here.:):)

Bruce Page
02-01-2007, 7:54 PM
It has been a weird winter. We got another 2” Tuesday night. That’s the 5th or 6th snowstorm in the last 5 weeks, with a couple of them dropping 12” or more.

Jim O'Dell
02-01-2007, 8:15 PM
It was trying to stick on the cars and in the grass. By the time I got home a little after 5:00, it had stopped. Haven't looked to see if we are still supposed to get anything tonight. Only down to 28, so still won't stick on the streets.
Ken, you mentioned snow angels...one of the pups from our first litter in 1995 lives in Minneapolis. Since he was a pup, he gets out in the snow, rolls over on his back, and wriggles around and makes his own version. They look more like sideways butterflies, but Andrew seems to have fun doing it. He's 11 1/2 now, and as far as I know, still does it. Jim.

Al Willits
02-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Dick, if you were back in Mpls you could see that headline again, bitterly cold right now, highs are below zero for the next few days....brrrrrr
Al

Rob Russell
02-02-2007, 7:33 AM
It has been a weird winter. We got another 2” Tuesday night. That’s the 5th or 6th snowstorm in the last 5 weeks, with a couple of them dropping 12” or more.

Talk about a weird winter - I don't think that we've gotten 2" of snow for the whole year yet!

Joe Pelonio
02-02-2007, 8:04 AM
Here in the Pacific Northwest we've been down into the high 20s at night, but have enjoyed 50s and beautiful, bright sunny days for over a week now.

Jerry Clark
02-02-2007, 9:01 AM
Be glad you don't live in Duluth, MN-- today it is 15 degrees-- Oh forgot-- minus 15. :( In So. California on Super Bowl Sunday where I live it will be in the 80s. Gotta love Winter here. However we are in a drought - only rain here since July 1, 2006 was a little over an inch. Normal rain fall is 6 inches a year. It is so dry that even the weeds don't grow. :D

Ryan Cathey
02-02-2007, 9:30 AM
It's my second day off from school today hehehehe

-Ryan C.

Joe Pelonio
02-02-2007, 11:41 AM
It's my second day off from school today hehehehe

-Ryan C. My wife works at a school, it's nice now, but no so much when you have to go to school into the summer to make it up. Here they have to make up 5 days already from the windstorm and then snow.

Eddie Watkins
02-02-2007, 11:43 AM
We have had 2-3 days above 50 since the middle of January:( with snow/ice or threats of snow/ice once or twice a week. I am really getting sick of all the cold weather and slick roads ready to get outside.

Eddie

Ryan Cathey
02-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Amen to that! lol

-Ryan C.