PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Pinnacle/LaserPro members

Jacob Griffin
02-01-2007, 4:36 PM
I am a new member here who just purchased a used Pinnacle 25 watt. I am interested in communicating with others who have this brand. I have no factory support or training available since I am the second owner. I have done pretty well with the basics, but I know there are advanced features to tap into if I just knew what they were. Also, I understand that there is a Laser Master 8 program. Mine came with LM2. Any ideas where to get it or if there is something even better?

Scott Perry
02-01-2007, 5:23 PM
Jacob, good choice. I had a Pinnacle 25, sold it and now I have a Explorer ll. I use Corel Draw 12 moving to X3 later. I don't know what Laser Master is. If I can help you just post or pm me.
Good Luck and happy lasering.

Gary Shoemake
02-01-2007, 6:05 PM
I have had one for over 3 years now, without any trouble. Give me a holler if I can help.

Jacob Griffin
02-01-2007, 6:45 PM
Laser Master is proprietary to signwarehouse.com, I guess. My version, LM2, seems to laser the image a little more clearly than even Corel x3, which is what I use to create the designs.
My first question, though, is how to switch from raster to vector mode. Is it done through the control panel, the software (does Corel even offer the option?) or is it automatically done by the printer drivers. So far, I have only done images, but I have a need to cut some acrylic.
Thanks

Gary Shoemake
02-01-2007, 7:01 PM
I have sent you a PM

Tom Majewski
02-01-2007, 8:06 PM
Jacob,
Have a Pinnacle 40w. Any help you need, I sent you a pm with my phone number.

Tom

Vicky Orsini
02-02-2007, 9:04 AM
I have a new Explorer 30W. I also use Corel to run it. The vector/raster settings are done in the print driver, set by colour (so you would change all your vector hairlines to red, leave your raster pieces in black, and then set the speed/power based on each colour). Don't forget to enable (check off) "Vector Sorting" in the Advanced tab. This will ensure that your inner pieces are cut before your outline.

Best of luck!

Martin Reynolds
02-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Explorer II 30W

Overall, very impressed with the machine.

Jim A. Walters
02-02-2007, 6:13 PM
I have a 3 year old M-25. A few quirks here and there, more with me than the machine!

SignWarehouse does not give any technical support on Corel. Corel updates and upgrades, and makes life easier. Laser Master is static. They don't want to spend their time keeping up with software. Not much profit in that. With that being said...get Corel Draw X3! Your will find many more resources and help for Corel than LM.

Kevin Huffman watches this forum and responds to posts as needed. He has been very helpful!

Check out your upper and lower roller wheels. Always keep a set or two on hand. They do wear out. The struts that hold up the lid are really cheap (junk type cheap). They run about $75.00 a set. I have replaced a set a year. Other than that, I had to replace the X motor once. It was still under warranty.

My project list includes switches for the blower and air assist compressor mounted on the laser. I also have picked up some air cylinders and a manual valve to replace the gas springs on the lid.

Congrats on finding the forum! Answers to your questions and a zillion ideas are all here!

Mike Hood
02-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Pinnacle ZX 40W

Had mine about 6 months and never had even a glitch. GREAT machine!

Mark Fitzmorris
02-03-2007, 12:48 PM
I have a laserPro 25 watt. Had it about 7 months it has worked great! I do not know anything about Laser Master I run Engravlab and Corel X3. So far I have only had minor problems all of which were software related and all of which were very quickly resolved by Jorlink (my supplier) and CAdlink (the Software manufature). I am still learning the true capabilities of the machine and this site has been a huge help! There are lots of experts here and they are more then willing to share their knowledge with us. My machine is the same as yours so if there is anything that I can help you with do not hesitate to contact me!

Jacob Griffin
02-06-2007, 2:26 PM
Thanks to all who replied. This machine does seem to be great as, so far, it has responded beautifully to all we have asked it to do.

Dave Lyda
09-25-2008, 1:47 AM
Can I get some help on making my rotary attachment able to do glasses with handles and holding wine bottles. We've been able to figure it out to make it work but the manual is of little help. I would like to talk to someone who is doing bottles and glasses with their machine. Thanks in advance.

Mike Null
09-25-2008, 7:19 AM
This company makes very high quality gas dampers. I replaced them on my ULS after several years and as far as I know they're still working.

They cost about $25 each as I recall.

http://www.guden.com/control-dampers.aspx

Albert Nix
09-25-2008, 9:08 AM
I have an MII 40w w/Laser master and Photo Grav. I am still learning but will help if I can.
Al

Kevin Huffman
09-25-2008, 1:41 PM
Hey Jacob,

If you need any free assistance with installing/setting up/making cut lines or making engravings, you can visit our tech support website at www.Signwarehouse.com/support (http://www.Signwarehouse.com/support). In the search box Simply type in Laser Master. You will find documents for Laser Master 2 and Laster Master 8, these two programs are pretty much interchangable. The steps in both are pretty much the same, laser master 8 was made just to be compatiable with new Microsoft OS's.
You can also do a search for M Series or EngraveLab if you need assistance with those.

If you are unable to get it going that via the web, we do now offer Pay Per Incident option for customers who have purchased machines second hand. The charge is $49.99 per incedent. We will tech support the machine and software we sale (still no support for the corel users, sorry).

If you require training, we do have an onsite installation and training package avialble. We will send a tech (probably me) to your location for 2 8 hour days and show you how to use the laser and software. This can be purchased even if you didn't buy the machine from us.

If you have a specific question about something, post it here, I will do my best to answer it.

Thanks,

Rodne Gold
09-25-2008, 4:37 PM
As far as I remember , the secret to doing handles was to set up the item after having pressed the Y button so the attachment had rotated as far as it would go , then it centred itself when it started the engraving , I think we set it up so that the handle faced upwards and it then rotated 180 degrees.
I will ask my guys at work tommorow , havent worked on it myself for a while.