PDA

View Full Version : Would it be possible and reasonable (Resolved)

Ken Garlock
02-01-2007, 3:21 PM
to install a search option on the 'user CP' page so that a member could quickly find his last N posts. From time to time, I find myself going to the members list and looking up my own profile to find a post of several days ago, or longer. The "search yourself" in User CP would be handy, at least for me.:)

Ken Fitzgerald
02-01-2007, 3:28 PM
Ken.....if you go to your public profile.....you can select "find all posts by you" or "find all threads started by you "....

Dick Heifner
02-01-2007, 4:16 PM
Ken,
Where is this located?
Dick

Ken Fitzgerald
02-01-2007, 4:21 PM
Dick........find a thread...such as this one.....place your cursor over your name and left click it........you'll see "public profile" listed.....select public profile and it will go to your public profile. Scroll down near the bottom and you'll see what I described above.

Ken Fitzgerald
02-01-2007, 4:22 PM
In fact...just left clicking on your name in this shows "find all posts by you"....

Art Mulder
02-01-2007, 5:54 PM
It is also in the "Quick Links" menu at the top on every single page: "My Profile". And once you're there you can choose either all of your own posts, or just the threads you've started.

Though people like Jim Becker and Andy Hoyt need to go to the Advanced Search menu and be a bit more specific...;)

Dick Heifner
02-01-2007, 6:52 PM
Thanks Ken and Art.
Dick

Ken Garlock
02-02-2007, 8:49 PM
Thank you gents. I called for help and I wasn't even hurt.:o