PDA

View Full Version : End grain tools

Paul Engle
02-01-2007, 2:39 PM
Anyone have experience with the Berger end grain tool or the cup tool that CS sells? I will use it mostly for birch and cherry , but not with hf tools.Thanks!

Ron Ainge
02-01-2007, 3:11 PM
I have the Berger tool and I love to use it on small end grain boxes. I don't know anything about the termite tools but a friend has them and he thinks they are great also. Do not use either on anything but end grain work.

Bill Wyko
02-01-2007, 4:35 PM
Another one of my newbie questions...what do these tools look like?

William Bachtel
02-01-2007, 8:56 PM
Another one of my newbie questions...what do these tools look like? Bill wood like to know also, pictures please. or a link.

Paul Engle
02-02-2007, 8:41 AM
You can go to this link for their cat. the berger tool is just for end grain and I under stand the cup tool works good also but may have a problem getting rid of the chips. dunno. check out the cat it has a wealth of stuff in it !!!
http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/catalog/tools.html

George Tokarev
02-03-2007, 8:27 AM
The cup imparts a curl to the shaving, clearing it better than a ring of similar size where the shavings try to pass through. Of course, you can always forego the cup in favor of a round scraper like Sorby sells, mounted at 45 degrees. When sharp it will do excellent work.