PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with shopping cart sites?

Mitchell Andrus
02-01-2007, 2:37 PM
Whose engine are you using?

Mine's by StoreFront 6 for now. SF is "feature deficient" by today's standards. I'm in the process of setting up a BV5 site.

www.missionfurnishings.com (http://www.missionfurnishings.com)

Bruce Boone
02-01-2007, 5:40 PM
I use Cart 32. It seems to work very well for me. There are lots of options for setting up your site. They will definitely overwhelm you when first setting things up. For mine, I chose to have a hidden quantity of 1 for my titanium rings because those are something that are always ordered as singles. I also wanted shipping to be fixed costs because the rings are so light, the weight isn't a factor. There are options to get real costs based on location and weight if you want. It also saves my special information like ring size and width and other variables, and passes them through to the credit card processing so that they show up on the e-mailed receipt. I have it set up to e-mail both me and the customer, so checking orders is as easy as checking e-mail. The shopping cart passes the processing to Authorize.net, which deposits the days credit card receipts directly to my bank account. It also allows PayPal transactions and check or money order transactions.