PDA

View Full Version : Hats off to Rockler and UPS!

Karle Woodward
02-01-2007, 8:55 AM
Ordered my Jet Parallel clamps Monday and they arrived Wednesday! Also the tracking system and link to it was sweet. I called my wife and said, "Did UPS drop off my packages about 1:06?" She was impressed.

These clamps are by far the best parallel clamps I've ever seen. Nothing against the Bessey's or Jorgensen's, but these are clearly advanced, IMHO.

I'm not so happy with the Rockler affiliate www.woodworkersshop.com (http://www.woodworkersshop.com). I ordered from them and clamps were listed as in strock. That was a week ago. And all I have is an e-mail saying they're out of stock and waiting on a shipment. That didn't stop them from billing my Visa though. Hopefully, this will get taken care of soon.

Don Bullock
02-01-2007, 9:19 AM
Karle, thanks for the review of the Jet clamps. Others have said the same thing. I appreciate the "heads-up" on Woodworker Shop. Except during the holidays, I've been very pleased with Rockler's shipping. I think I'll just stick with ordering directly from Rockler or buying from one of their stores.

Aaron Beaver
02-01-2007, 9:33 AM
Been looking at those clamps, just haven't purchased any yet. I need some 24's and maybe I will get those to try out.

Larry Crim
02-01-2007, 9:41 AM
karle
I share your opinion of the jet clamps they are a joy to use, glad you got them so fast but I think the rockler orders are hit and miss. I made a order before xmas all were listed instock, I am still waiting 3 of the items. I normally would canx the rest but giving them a chance since it was around xmas and I know how things can get crazy during the holidays I tend to be a little more forgiving.
Larry

Brad Trent
02-01-2007, 3:13 PM
I got a set at a Woodworking show last weekend and have finally had a chance to use them. They are very well made with faces as parallel as I can detect. The quick release certainly speeds things up on inital setup. After using them, I would recommend them over the Besseys.

Brian Dormer
02-02-2007, 1:57 PM
I orderd a few bits and bobs last Saturday and had them Thrusday - Rockler and UPS really have their act together. It's great.