PDA

View Full Version : Delta 22-560 Planer cutter head lock ?

Bailey John
01-31-2007, 8:35 PM
Previously I posted about the growl on this planer. I was able tighten the cam chain nut to hopefully prevent failure of the belt. It was very loose and the growl was gone when I test ran the motor. Unfortunately now on reassembly the cutter head lock doesn't want to engage. I have the download manual, but beside locking the knob on the lock there are no other instructions on engaging the lock. Any experience advice is appreciated.

Bailey John
02-01-2007, 9:13 AM
Morning bump. When I turn the crank for the cutter head lock - in either direction - it spins freely. I can pull the knob and slide the lock head out too. Seems like it moved out of position or is not engaged.

Todd Ferrante
04-03-2008, 2:52 PM
Did you resolve the problem with your cutter hear lock? I bought this model from a guy off craigslist last night, and the lock definitely isn't working right. I think it is just misadjusted. I'm going to be doing a disassemble and cleaning tonight, and would appreciate any pointers or things to look for.
Todd F.

Eddie Darby
04-03-2008, 7:11 PM
The cutterhead lock takes a dozen or more cranks. Something that seems foreign to most tools, so it fools everyone.