PDA

View Full Version : Well I did'nt get any turning stuff for my B-day

Bill Wyko
01-31-2007, 3:51 PM
I did'nt get any turning stuff for my B-Day yesterday so I went and bought a NOVA midi and a few other attachments for myself:cool: If they are'nt gonna get it for me, I'll get it myself:p DAMN VORTEX:D

Benjamin Dahl
01-31-2007, 4:14 PM
Bill, happy belated birthday. have fun with your toys.

Steve Schlumpf
01-31-2007, 4:16 PM
Hey - Happy Birthday!! Pictures???

Bill Wyko
01-31-2007, 4:27 PM
I'll take some tonight.:D

Bernie Weishapl
01-31-2007, 4:44 PM
Happy birthday Bill. Hope it was good one after you got all that bought.:eek: :D :p

Bill Wyko
01-31-2007, 4:53 PM
Someone had to do it.:D

Frank Kobilsek
01-31-2007, 5:00 PM
Bill
If you didn't get want you wanted and needed for your birthday you obviuosly did not communicate appropriately. Here is my method:

Type up your list. Include description, price and at least two sources, don't forget websites and phone numbers for the sources. If your family is especially challenged by mechanical items cut and paste a picture from the website. Sometimes a picture of what you could do if you only had the tool helps. Cut and paste some of Travis' stuff from here for examples.

Now this one page document should be posted at eye level when your family members are positioned on the toilet. Just tape it to the wall. Use painters masking tape so they don't pull the wallpaper off when they remove the list from the wall.

Last step and where this plan finds true genious. Remove all other reading material from the area. They'll be force to read your list while they are in the 'office'.

You may laugh but this works.

Frank

Tom Sherman
01-31-2007, 5:03 PM
Happy Birthday Bill, and congrats on the new tools.

Jim Underwood
01-31-2007, 5:34 PM
So Frank,

If I somehow remove all the other posts from this forum, and post my wish list here, you think I might get some of that stuff?

:D

Have fun with your new toys Bill!

Frank Kobilsek
02-01-2007, 9:00 AM
Jim,

WE don't feel guilty if you don't get you something, we like you but don't love you, and we don't have to live with you sulking around the house the day after a disappointing b-day, but I suspect with the generousity shown by this crew in the past you would probably get a couple items.

Frank

Bill Wyko
02-01-2007, 12:54 PM
Here's my b-day gloat:DMy gifts to myself. BTW I still had a great B-Day though.

Bill Wyko
02-01-2007, 7:44 PM
Bill
If you didn't get want you wanted and needed for your birthday you obviously did not communicate appropriately. Here is my method:

Type up your list. Include description, price and at least two sources, don't forget websites and phone numbers for the sources. If your family is especially challenged by mechanical items cut and paste a picture from the website. Sometimes a picture of what you could do if you only had the tool helps. Cut and paste some of Travis' stuff from here for examples.

Now this one page document should be posted at eye level when your family members are positioned on the toilet. Just tape it to the wall. Use painters masking tape so they don't pull the wallpaper off when they remove the list from the wall.

Last step and where this plan finds true genious. Remove all other reading material from the area. They'll be force to read your list while they are in the 'office'.

You may laugh but this works.

Frank
Frank, I love it! I only wish I had done it. I had to spend a couple hundred just to get what I wanted.:confused: That's OK though, I did get what I wanted one way or the other. HMMMM next time I'll do what you suggest and at the bottom I'll point out that if you don't get it I'm gonna anyway so why spend the extra money on those socks and boxers.:D

Jim Becker
02-01-2007, 8:16 PM
Although I like the idea that Frank posted...in our house, the girls would just draw princesses on the paper, obliterating the "list". Hence, I buy my own tools... :)

Bill Wyko
02-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Actually you have a point. If my LOML ever knew what I spend on tools I might suddently dissapear never to be seen again.:eek:

Frank Kobilsek
02-02-2007, 11:50 AM
Guys, my wife and I were never blessed with children. I'd traded my shop and my plans for early retirement in a second for a couple kids but it just never happened. She has 158 as principal of our small Catholic school and I am an uncle to 38 ranging from newborn to 33. Also the guy in the neighborhood that all the kids come see what I am up to on Saturdays when thier Dad's are on the golf course. I just love the look on the face of a 6 year old when you hand him a running chain saw or cut out a sword on the bandsaw and help him carve his name in the blade.

Anyway buying tools ain't a big problem but its nice to let Nita (LOML) or Dad get something they can see me use instead of a shirt I won't wear. I have fun planting the seeds.

Glad you had a Happy Birthday Bill and have a great weekend.

Frank

Robert McGowen
02-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Here's how I do it: LOML ordered $19 worth of books from Amazon last night and needed $6 more to qualify for free shipping. She asked me if I needed anything that cost more than $6. I said I would take care of it for her. A couple of Jet turning tools later, I was just a tad over the $25 minimum for free shipping. :D I felt blessed to be able to help out the wife with her shipping problem!

Andy Hoyt
02-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Way to go Robert.

Sounds like Texas math is a lot like Maine math.

Greg Stanford
02-02-2007, 12:11 PM
I copy a photo of whatever it is I'm NEEDING at the moment to background on our computer at home. Even if the wife dosn't buy it for me, it gets her accustomed to the idea of the new addition. Got a photo of a bandsaw set as background now.

g

jeremy levine
02-02-2007, 12:22 PM
.. I just love the look on the face of a 6 year old when you hand him a running chain saw ....
Frank

I'm sorry WHAT ????? This must be a typo.