PDA

View Full Version : Portable Cyclone DC options?

Nathan Yeager
01-31-2007, 3:29 PM
On a similar note to the other Cyclone DC thread, I am looking for a Cyclone DC system for my garage/shop. Personally, I would rather not install 'permanent' duct work as my garage is not a 'permanent' woodshop. Most of my tools are bench-top or portable types, and I need the ability to move them around when/where I want them.

I see that Oneida has a portable system, while Grizzly, CV, and Penn State do not. Does anyone have any experience/comments on it? Can someone recommend any other comparable portable system? My time dictates that I purchase rather than construct it.

It is also not obvious to me why the price of the portable Oneida ($1,473-$1,710) is so much more than their other options.

Thanks.

Jim Becker
01-31-2007, 7:42 PM
Bob Marino bought the Oneida "double cyclone on wheels" not long ago. He's the only one I know about...it's a relatively new product.

Wilbur Pan
01-31-2007, 11:26 PM
Probably the reason for the increased cost is that you are actually buying two cyclones. Even though these cyclones are smaller, there probably isn't that much difference in cost between building a small or a large cyclone.