PDA

View Full Version : Shop Fox Classic Fence

SCOTT ANDREWS
01-29-2007, 10:19 PM
Hello To Everyone.
This Is My First Post,so I'll Try And Keep It Simple.i'm Getting Ready To Purchase The Grizzly G1023slx.it Comes Standard With The Shop Fox Classic Fence.does Anyone Know If The Board Buddy System Will Work On This Fence.i Saw The Posts On How Several People Have Mounted Theirs.i Plan On Using The T-track And Drilling And Tapping The Fence.can't Seem To Find Any Specs On The Height Of This Fence.thanks For All The Very Informative Posts You All Submit.
Scott Andrews

glenn bradley
01-29-2007, 10:23 PM
I don't see why not, Scott. any discrepancy in height can simply be made up by the thickness of the board that you mount to the top of your fence to hold the t-track.

SCOTT ANDREWS
01-29-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks Glen.Kinda Fiqured That's What Could Be Done.Do You Suggest A Single Bolt Through Both Riser Block And T-track Into The Threaded Hole,Or Bolt The Riser Block Down First And Then Attach The T-tack.

Gary Keedwell
01-29-2007, 11:35 PM
I installed my 1" board with Six 1/4-20 machine bolts...countersunk the head below surface. The steel isn't that thick..so drill and tapping only took 20 minutes. ( 6 tapped holes).
The mini track is installed with little (#5 or #6) screws. The countersink is already machined in the track.
Used it first time tonite....ripped 6 boards...I'm very impressed.
Gary K.:)

SCOTT ANDREWS
01-30-2007, 7:29 PM
I Was Curiuos What The T-track Slots Measure.I Would Like To Run A 3 Foot TRACK If Possible.

glenn bradley
01-30-2007, 8:33 PM
I would bolt the riser to the fence and drop the t-track (generally about 3/4" x 1/2" depending on what bolt head they are designed for) into a dado in the riser and screw it down about every 5" or there-abouts. I prefer the track that accepts 5/16" t-bolts but a lot of folks use the track for 1/4" hex-head bolts with success.

Jim Becker
01-30-2007, 8:39 PM
Rather than bolt a tee track directly to the top of the fence (which is a Biesemeyer clone), consider tapping two holes so you can use a variety of useful fixtures on top of your fence, a la Jim Toplin's Table Saw Magic. For the BB, you mount the track on a piece of plywood or MDF that fits between the fence faces on top of the fence with holes drilled through that allow you to use studded knobs into the tapped holes.