PDA

View Full Version : Workshop Tool Cabinet

Ron Fritz
01-29-2007, 8:52 PM
Here's a recent tool cabinet that I built from my son as he begins the start of his home woodshop. The measured drawing and additional pictures are on my web site (http://www.creeksidewoodshop.com/CSWS-Furniture.htm)
Ron

Jim Becker
01-29-2007, 9:39 PM
Nice job, Ron. I'm actually thinking about making something similar for myself rather than doing an under bench cabinet. I just have to figure out where I'll roll it to when it's not actively in use!

John Schreiber
01-29-2007, 10:21 PM
Ron,

That cabinet looks really good. You've made very nice use of the pine. It's pretty enough to show craftsmanship but not too pretty to use in a working shop.

The plans and the website are super clean and easy to understand too.

Bruce Page
01-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Very nice cabinet Ron. Your son will love it!

Ken Werner
01-30-2007, 1:05 AM
Really nice work. The pine looks great. I'm sure that's one he'll treasure...and use.
Ken

Ron Fritz
01-30-2007, 8:15 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I had a lot of fun making this cabinet. It didn't take that long to build and cost me about $150. I showed the finished cabinet to a friend and now he wants one made for him. I'm working up a new set of drawings now to meet his shop needs. I'll post the progress when I get started on it. Ron

John Gregory
01-31-2007, 10:28 AM
Great job Ron. You son will love having something from Dad for his new workshop.

Jerry Olexa
02-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Nice work...Perfect for a shop..

Jay Jolliffe
02-19-2007, 3:23 PM
you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons::(

Dave Richards
02-19-2007, 3:44 PM
you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons::(

From the sticky post at the top of this forum:

"Access to download attachments in this Forum are limited to those who are Contributors to SawMill Creek. Obtaining a Contributors title is done through the "Donate Button" on the blue menu bar at the top of this page, right under your name on the top right side. We are trying to increase the number of Members who provide financial support for SawMill Creek and help keep The Creek free of advertising."

Calvin Crutchfield
02-22-2007, 6:07 PM
Been trying to look at the attached jpegs for a cpl days. Then I learned that you need to donate first. So I did. Then I had to wait for my account to be activated. Received that email and I still cant review the attached images. What gives?

Ron Fritz
02-24-2007, 9:46 PM
Hello Calvin, you need to donate in order to see pictures and attachements. But, I always include my web site so anyone can view the measured drawings and pictures. You can find a link to my web site in the 1st posting above. Ron

Scott Taylor
04-08-2007, 9:53 AM
Jim,

You seem to be in the know. I tried to open the pictures on this thread and it says I don't have permission. Do I need to be a contributor to do this? I just joined the sight and will be contributing soon, I am just waiting for my Paypal to update with funds.

Scott

Jim Becker
04-08-2007, 10:43 AM
You seem to be in the know. I tried to open the pictures on this thread and it says I don't have permission. Do I need to be a contributor to do this? I just joined the sight and will be contributing soon, I am just waiting for my Paypal to update with funds.

Yes, per the first post in the sticky at the top of this plans forum, contributing membership is required to view the pictures and attachments in this specific area. It's a perk...to encourage contributions. $6 per year is the suggested amount...about what you would pay for a decent magazine on the newsstand these days...or a latté and pastry at Starbucks.

Jim
SMC Moderator

douglas hyde
04-10-2007, 5:56 PM
you have to log in too

Frank G
04-10-2007, 7:02 PM
Yes, per the first post in the sticky at the top of this plans forum, contributing membership is required to view the pictures and attachments in this specific area. It's a perk...to encourage contributions. $6 per year is the suggested amount...about what you would pay for a decent magazine on the newsstand these days...or a latté and pastry at Starbucks.

Jim
SMC Moderator
I could have swon I was a contributing member but I'm old and I have to wait untill my last two brain cells reproduce. Where can I find a members list in comparison to contributing members list. I know (not really) that I'm in but if not I'm ready. D@m I hate getting old.

Jim Becker
04-10-2007, 7:14 PM
Frank, there is a private message in your inbox with important information about your membership.

Jim
SMC Moderator

Eric Wong
04-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Apparently I don't have sufficient access to view the photos...and there is some confusion per the posts above. Is this a new thing??

John A Walker
04-18-2007, 7:53 AM
Here's a recent tool cabinet that I built from my son as he begins the start of his home woodshop. The measured drawing and additional pictures are on my web site (http://www.creeksidewoodshop.com/CSWS-Furniture.htm)
Ron
Why did I get this message when I tried to view attached images?

John A Walker, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.I could access the web site but not the attached pics. I thought I was a registered member of the Forum?
:confused:

Bill Wyko
06-29-2007, 5:39 PM
I got the same message.:( I was looking forward to pics since I'll be building cabinets soon too.

Jeffrey Schronce
07-21-2007, 1:36 PM
Thanks for all the great plans.

Paul Amos
09-22-2007, 2:14 PM
Hi

How long to you need to wait after you have made a contribution ?

Many thanks

Paul

Nancy Laird
09-22-2007, 2:54 PM
Paul,

You don't have to wait at all, but the "contribution year" begins in November. If you contribute now, you'll be considered as a 2007 contributor; if you wait until November, you'll get a 2008 designation.

BUT, you need to contact Jackie Outten to make sure your FULL name is used. The TOS requires full names.

Nancy (90 days)

Paul Amos
09-22-2007, 3:18 PM
Nancy

Thank you. I have just paid, I did not find any onfo on starting in November.

I will have to contact Jackie and give her my full name............

Regards

paul

Julio Jimenez
01-14-2008, 2:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I had a lot of fun making this cabinet. It didn't take that long to build and cost me about $150. I showed the finished cabinet to a friend and now he wants one made for him. I'm working up a new set of drawings now to meet his shop needs. I'll post the progress when I get started on it. Julio

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/buttons/quote.gif (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=516056)

David Sallee
02-20-2008, 12:07 AM
These are really nice Ron .... I'm wanting to build one or a couple of these myself. Just gotta jump in and learn how to.. hehe

Dave

Eric Wong
02-20-2008, 12:18 PM
I still can't see the pics.
Can anyone explain why some of us have an access problem?

Rod Sheridan
02-20-2008, 2:42 PM
Eric, you have to be a contributor to view the images, under your name, it says "Member".

Once you've made a minimum donation of $6, it will change to "2008 Contributor" and you will have full access.......Rod.

Eric Wong
02-20-2008, 6:03 PM
Apparently that doesn't apply to all images, only some?

mike thomas01
02-20-2008, 8:11 PM
I have been a contributor for several months now and yesterday (19 Feb 08) I had a problem viewing the pics and posting replies. Not sure if it was a onetime thing or if somebody fixed something on the admnistrator side. Everything seems to be fine now.:)

Ron Dunn
02-20-2008, 10:13 PM
That is a really great piece of work ... your son must be both proud and delighted ... now follow it up with his own workbench :)

Ron Fritz
02-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Hello again, Just for fun I have redrawn the cabinet in Sketchup and rendered it in Kerkythea. Enjoy. Ron