PDA

View Full Version : Black Granite Tiled Picture

James Fowler
01-29-2007, 9:53 AM
Well...after cases of tile, trial and errors, and plenty of notes. Here is a final products that I am very happy with and want to show the fine folks here.

V/R

Jamie

Rick Maitland
01-29-2007, 6:40 PM
I like it James!! I am getting ready to do the same. We are asked to do a few tile engravings from time to time, but I get mixed results. When given an image I always think the best looking images are going to engrave the best, but have been fooled on a few. I am thinking that the amount of lighting in the image makes a big difference. Only trial and error will tell im afraid.

Would you loose any image quality by increasing it a bit? Looks like you have the room to go bigger. Thats the Texas roots talkin!

James Fowler
01-29-2007, 8:27 PM
After putting it all together, I wish I would have went out at least another 3 to 4 inches all the way around. But the customer was very happy with it. A few of the tile and stone shops here in town are looking to display thes for me.

Ralph Dobbertin
01-29-2007, 8:36 PM
James that is a very intersting piece and I have not seen anything like that before. How do you do it?

James Fowler
01-30-2007, 10:42 PM
I just followed the instructions from Roy Brewer and also the technical training link on the Epilog web page.

Daryl Barberousse
02-04-2007, 6:52 PM
Beautiful work James!

James Fowler
02-11-2007, 10:45 PM
Thank you. I am starting to like working with stone more than wood lately. The results for photos are a little more pleasing for customers.