PDA

View Full Version : Rockler retail flyer?

Karle Woodward
01-29-2007, 9:16 AM
I was told by a Rockler rep, a couple weeks ago, that there was a retail flyer coming out today that had the Jet Parallel clamp set for $99.99. I called them today and the person I talked to didn't know anything about it. Does anyone have the flier? Is there a number on it that I need to order? Is there a free shipping code?

Thanks,
Karle

Jim Becker
01-29-2007, 9:25 AM
The cover of the January 2007 Rockler "catalog" is hawking their new "parallel clamping" stands for pipe clamps...I don't see the Jet clamps anywhere in the book. But I only skimmed it.

Chris Rosenberger
01-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Jim is right. It is just the stands for use with pipe clamps.

Alex Shanku
01-29-2007, 10:36 AM
Amazon has the Bessy Kbody clamp set (2x20", 2x40", and 4 blocks) for $104.00, shipped.

Karle Woodward
01-29-2007, 11:26 AM
I got it figured out. It was a in store retail special. But since I have no store near me, they gave me the $99.99 price over the phone. I bought two sets. With shipping it cost me $106 per set. I know they were cheaper last fall, but I'm pretty happy with this price. It beats $159 plus tax that they were at Amazon.com.

Alex: Thanks. That is a good deal on the Bessey's, but I'm partial to the Jet parallel clamps.

I really suck at glue ups. Hope this helps!

Don Bullock
01-29-2007, 3:54 PM
Good deal. Sometimes it really pays to ask. I'm glad to hear that they honored the in-store price for you. I realize that some Rockler prices are on the hig end, but it's nice to hear good things about their customer service. Fortunately I have at least three of their stores within "driving distance." I find the people at my closest store to be very helpful. This weekend I'm checking out another one so that I have more options when I need something.

Glen Blanchard
01-29-2007, 4:07 PM
I may be wrong, but IIRC, the flier does have the Jet clamps in it. I believe the sale begins tomorrow (Tuesday). Also a nice price on the Forrest WW II.

I was told by a guy at Rockler that the items listed in their fliers are "in-store" only prices.

Tyler Howell
01-29-2007, 5:28 PM
Mine Showed up today.$99.99

Mark Rios
01-29-2007, 8:21 PM
Mine Showed up today.$99.99

No they didn't!!! No they didn't!!! No they didn't!!! No they didn't!!! No they didn't!!!...........Where's the pics, HMMMMMMM??????????????....Mr Picture Police.....HMMMMMMMMM????!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Curt Harms
01-30-2007, 7:59 AM
No they didn't!!! No they didn't!!! No they didn't!!! No they didn't!!! No they didn't!!!...........Where's the pics, HMMMMMMM??????????????....Mr Picture Police.....HMMMMMMMMM????!!!

Ooooooo....BUSTED!!!!:D

Glen Blanchard
01-30-2007, 9:13 AM

I think Tyler was stating that the Rockler flyer showed up "today" - not the clamps. You want him to post a pic of the flyer????? :eek::D

Of course I could be wrong.

Mike Peace
01-30-2007, 5:19 PM
I bought a set of the Jets from the Rockler booth at the the Atlanta Woodworkers show this weekend for 89.95 and they gave me an additional $5 off with their show coupon.

Sweet!

Mike

Jerry Olexa
01-30-2007, 5:32 PM
I bought that set in Rockler a few months ago for $90..I like the clamp squaring set up as well as the new Jet locking mechanism. Perfect for my current glueup..:)