PDA

View Full Version : Contest/Auction!

Jim Ketron
01-28-2007, 5:47 PM
Ok only a few days left to submit a piece for the contest!
This is going to be fun and help raise some money for a good cause. I hope this will be a success and we can help a few other charities with more auctions!
I just posted a piece for the Auction and hope a few more will get in and help a good cause. Plus it will give people a chance to own a piece form some of our friends on this forum.

Now for a Question!
When the Turnings go up for auction is there going to be a sticky link on all the categories in all SMC forums to let everyone know what we are doing in the turning section?

Good Luck to the contest participants and good luck on raising plenty of money for the Saint Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital! So get ready to Bid on some nice turnings.
This is going to be fun and I can't wait to place some bids!:D

Scott Donley
01-28-2007, 6:37 PM
Ok only a few days left to submit a piece for the contest!
This is going to be fun and help raise some money for a good cause. I hope this will be a success and we can help a few other charities with more auctions!
I just posted a piece for the Auction and hope a few more will get in and help a good cause. Plus it will give people a chance to own a piece form some of our friends on this forum.

Now for a Question!
When the Turnings go up for auction is there going to be a sticky link on all the categories in all SMC forums to let everyone know what we are doing in the turning section?

Good Luck to the contest participants and good luck on raising plenty of money for the Saint Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital! So get ready to Bid on some nice turnings.
This is going to be fun and I can't wait to place some bids!:DJim, a great idea ! Maybe John or Andy could chip in if this is do'able ? And thanks for your effort in helping out. Now just a few more entries, a couple more pens, a bowl or two, a vase would be nice :D Thanks to those that have and are about to enter, and those flatlanders that will be bidding and trying to figure out how the turners do what they do :cool:

Andy Hoyt
01-28-2007, 8:01 PM
Yup - we plan to announce the opening of the silent auction in most of the other forae.

Milinuas is scouting telephone pole locations for optimum plastering with posters.

Donley is hand embroidering place holders for the bids.

And I'm ransacking the house looking for loose change.

Jim Ketron
01-29-2007, 5:37 PM
Great!
Let the fun Begin:D

Mark Cothren
01-29-2007, 6:26 PM
I'm posting a piece as soon as I can locate a camera... mine went to that great darkroom in the sky...:mad:

Kurt Rosenzweig
01-29-2007, 7:39 PM
I've been bulking up my Payapl balance getting ready for the big auction! Can't wait for the festivities to begin!:D

John Hart
01-29-2007, 7:45 PM
I have a dollar. I'm ready!:)

Barry Stratton
01-30-2007, 12:49 PM
I have a dollar. I'm ready!:)

YES!!! I rooted thru the Super Duty, frisked the couch cushions, and scoured the parking lot......I'm up to $1.17 in change AND 2/3 of a Tootsie Roll. I'm ready....:D

Art Mulder
01-30-2007, 12:54 PM
And I'm ransacking the house looking for loose change.

Looks like someone else beat me to the sofa, but I've still got time to look under the seats in the van. Oh, look! SWMBO's purse!:eek:

Mark Pruitt
01-30-2007, 5:10 PM
Only 27 hours and 51 minutes left!

I gotta get BUSY!!!
I'll be in the shop the rest of tonight...:rolleyes:

Mark Pruitt
01-31-2007, 8:51 AM
12 hours and 10 minutes!

I'm almost done! Only have to turn the glue block off, dress the foot and apply finish! I think I'll make the deadline!

Anybody else got one cranking for the contest?