PDA

View Full Version : Some one tried to pull me in.....

Joe Mioux
01-28-2007, 5:02 PM
While minding my own business this afternoon, I noticed a bunch of people filing into the Woodcraft store's classroom with various hunks of wood.

Here I was minding my own business, when "one-of-them (you)" approached me and asked.......

"Would you like to come in the classroom and sit in our St Louis Woodturners meeting!"

I was speechless and I held my ground and said thank you but not today.

Actually, I had a nice conversation with him and he did say anytime I wanted to sit in on a meeting just come on in.... That was very nice of him.

We also talked lathes and his "sage" advice was to just go ahead and buy a good one like a Oneway!

Thought some of you abyss. people would enjoy this little story.

Joe

David Fried
01-28-2007, 5:30 PM
Nice folks.
Sage advice.
Go for it.
You will be abysserated.

Andy Hoyt
01-28-2007, 5:31 PM
But Dave - "sage" is green, not mayo colored. I'm confused.:D

Gary Herrmann
01-28-2007, 5:44 PM
Shoot. I keep wanting to attend one of those. And I always manage to miss it.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-28-2007, 6:20 PM
SWMBO won't let me attend....She's afraid I might come home with mayo or mustard...:rolleyes:

Jim Becker
01-28-2007, 9:27 PM
Geepers...I'm going to have to paint Stubbalina in order to satisfy you folks who have this fixation of colors being the main attribute of a lathe! :rolleyes:
------

Joe...one word for you...

"CHICKEN!!!!" :D :D :D

Travis Stinson
01-28-2007, 9:40 PM
Nope Jim, the main attribute of a lathe is that it's USED! :p ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist that one.

Neal Addy
01-28-2007, 9:53 PM
Joe, resist as long as you can.... that's long enough.

Raymond Overman
01-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Joe,

He who hesitates is lost. Of course, he who is abyserrated is lost too but it's a heckuva lot more fun.

Our club has a policy that you can come to our meeting anytime you want without joining. You just can't vote, hold office, or participate in demos (unless you're a member of the AAW or hired). I've yet to find a person who stuck around that didn't join though. We love visitors.

Barry Stratton
01-29-2007, 2:51 AM
We love visitors.

Probably because THEY still have money YOU can spend:D

Gary DeWitt
01-29-2007, 2:52 AM
Resistance is futile....

Joe Mioux
01-29-2007, 3:31 AM
Hey Jim Becker:

The gentleman that invited me has three lathes. His favorite and best one is a Robust, which I believe is the same color as yours although different a brand.

Had I had the time I would have stayed. The reason I was in STL was to pick up 6 cases of flowers at the airport and I needed to get them back home. It just so happens that both Rockler and Woodcraft are only a few minutes away from the airport.

Gary Hermann: I am not sure if you know this, but the STL turners club meets at Woodcraft the last Sunday of every month from 1-4 pm.

Joe

Jim Becker
01-29-2007, 11:30 AM
Robust is a very nice machine based on what I've learned about it. Sam at Mini Max bought one and loves it!