PDA

View Full Version : Neander Air Hose

harry strasil
01-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Ever need to blow the shavings or sawdust out of a hole?

Remember that Soft Drink you got on the way home and tossed the cup and lid away?

Well salvage that Lid and Straw. Wash them up real good. Never know what was in the trash can.

Stick the Straw thru the cup like you did to drink it. Now you ready to use another high $ tool.

That loose crud down in that hole has got to come out, Air hose is clear across shop, blower is other way, or you don't have air. Pick up that new high $ tool and stick in that hole, push the lid down aways, and exert some nice low pressure air in the hole to clean it out. The lid is a nice safety devise. Just don't blow so hard you make da hole bigger.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v81/irnsrgn/shop/Blower.jpg

James Mittlefehldt
01-28-2007, 5:15 PM
LOL that is a good one HArry, I have four holes in the outer jaw of my vise on the end of my bench and it is full of sawdust and such. I will try this and report back when I am done.

Ryan Cathey
01-28-2007, 9:00 PM
If it protects you from getting sawdust in your eyes than it's worth it! I was plugging some screw holes and after I drilled the holes I went in to get a drink, came back out and didn't put my safety glasses back on before blowing out the hole. Got a big 'ol chunk in my eye and it scratched it. Had to walk around with my eye closed just to keep from aggravating it. I don't ever take my safety glasses off anymore even though I do wear prescription glasses.

-Ryan C.

Ken Bryant
01-29-2007, 12:14 AM
Any hope that Lie-Nielsen will come out with one of those in bronze? Or Bridge City with one in Juara™ Wood?

Philip Duffy
01-29-2007, 2:25 PM
Harry, I love that drawing! Phil

Pam Niedermayer
01-29-2007, 2:41 PM
Very clever, Harry. I think you'd want to use it on an angle to avoid having some of the chips/dust careen off the top and back into the hole/groove. Or maybe place the top further up the straw.

Pam