PDA

View Full Version : Help with drawer slides please

Kerry Adams
01-27-2007, 10:11 PM
Good Evening,

Redoing a pantry and having problems with the slides. The first drawer I made was to big due to wrong measurements. I redid the drawer and it is 1 inch smaller then my opening, per the instructions. However, this box is to small. I have remeasured many times, and it should fit. If I shim it out should I shim out the slide on the drawer or the part inside the pantry.

Thanks in advance !!

Kerry

Darrin Davis
01-27-2007, 10:17 PM
For a quick fix I would just shim out the part inside the cabinet with a washer at each screw. You won't notice the shimmed parts inside the cabinet but you will when you pull out the drawer if you shim the part on the drawer.

Jamie Buxton
01-27-2007, 10:17 PM
I shim inside the cabinet. That way, my mistake isn't shown to the world every time the drawer is opened. Old business cards (about .01") or old credit cards (about .03") are good shim stock.

Tim Martin
01-27-2007, 11:39 PM
yes, shim the tracks on the inside of the cabinet. I find if you need really thin shims, various different grits of sandpaper work well. Coarser the grit= thicker the shim.

luc gendron
01-27-2007, 11:44 PM
Hi Kerry,

It has happened to me before. I've used (inside a white melamine cabinet) edge tape (edge banding). One on each side of the cabinet should be good enough for you. Any more questions on this contact Eric at www.hardwareattic.ca (http://www.hardwareattic.ca). They have answers to any of your questions.

Good Evening,

Redoing a pantry and having problems with the slides. The first drawer I made was to big due to wrong measurements. I redid the drawer and it is 1 inch smaller then my opening, per the instructions. However, this box is to small. I have remeasured many times, and it should fit. If I shim it out should I shim out the slide on the drawer or the part inside the pantry.

Thanks in advance !!

Kerry