PDA

View Full Version : Is the Creek water running slow?

Bruce Page
11-25-2003, 10:47 PM
Or is my 'puter sick? When I logged on tonight it took a looooooooooong time to load the SMC home page.

John Miliunas
11-25-2003, 10:50 PM
Or is my 'puter sick? When I logged on tonight it took a looooooooooong time to load the SMC home page.

Bruce, is it just SMC or browsing in general? If not sure, try browsing out to sites you normally don't go to, just to make sure the info isn't in the browser "cache". :cool:

Keith Outten
11-26-2003, 9:29 AM
I hadn't noticed our server slowing down but it is possible that Aaron might have logged into the server to backup SawMill Creek or cleanup the database. Whenever Aaron does these types of maintenance chores it will definately have an impact on the server response time.

Lee Schierer
11-26-2003, 9:42 AM
I haven't noted any slowness in response time from here.

If you haven't done it recently, try running either Spybot or Ad-aware on your computer to see if you have tracking programs loaded in the background. Many websites, particularly those that have banners saying "you are a winner" or those that offer to optimize you computer are loaded with all sorts of nasty programs that will bog down your computer. Some get loaded just by looking at the site.