PDA

View Full Version : Too Early? Too Late Smart for Sure

George Tokarev
01-27-2007, 7:21 PM
With the way I plod, it's not to early to think about three weeks hence, so I decided to try something I'd been thinking about since last year. If I get to turn tomorrow, I'll put some of the lessons learned into the second attempt.

I turned this in a square shape, even though I was pointing toward a Valentine box all the time. That was probably a mistake. Next time back to a precut heart, I think. Truth be known, I came close to leaving it as a square. It looked pretty good. I may do a couple for sale this year and see how they do. These are simple 4/4 scraps, but I could make the whole thing a bit deeper and more useful.

Anyway, the finished heart isn't too shabby, even with the poor planning and questionable execution. You other guys might consider working up something in advance of the day too. Flowers are pretty expensive.

Nancy Laird
01-27-2007, 7:26 PM
George, That box is beautiful and I'm sure your LOYL will love it. I'm going to make sure that hubby sees this. That's for posting this.

Nancy

Ken Fitzgerald
01-27-2007, 7:52 PM
Well done George! You sure keep coming up with higher skill levels for the rest of us to strive for!

Bernie Weishapl
01-27-2007, 8:21 PM
Great box George. I really like the idea. Beautiful job.

Gary Herrmann
01-27-2007, 8:24 PM
Wow George, that's a great idea and beautifully executed. I'm making a flatwood box for LOML, but I may have to try that next year.

Steve Schlumpf
01-27-2007, 8:37 PM
Wow George - you just keep coming up with amazing stuff! What a great idea. Beautiful work!

James Duxbury
01-27-2007, 9:20 PM
Nice job George. Nothing poorly planed at all.

Neal Addy
01-27-2007, 9:27 PM
George, that is fantastic! It definitely raises the bar.

I'm curious how you went about chucking this. Vac?

John Hart
01-27-2007, 9:27 PM
I'm trying to get my head around to how you would turn it as a heart and get your tapering to work. This is a great piece. I love how you oriented the feather across the form. Don't think I'm ready to try something like this.:o

Skip Spaulding
01-27-2007, 9:33 PM
Beautiful George, shape is awsome. Not bad scraps!

Jim Becker
01-27-2007, 10:32 PM
That's an excellent piece, George!

Ernie Nyvall
01-27-2007, 10:51 PM
That's really cool George, and a nice one.