PDA

View Full Version : Saw blade for Sliding Compound Miter Saw

Charles Wilson
01-27-2007, 5:50 PM
I am looking for a good blade for my HF 10" sliding compound miter saw. The stock blade is okay for general construction but I am planning to use it for some WW projects.

Suggestions?

Chuck

Richard Keller
01-27-2007, 5:52 PM
CMT is never a bad choice. Nice and thick bodies produce very little vibration. The important thing with a slider is to make sure you get a blade with a negative rake.

Richard.

Doug Shepard
01-27-2007, 6:44 PM
I got what you need right here
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=50647

SHAMELESS PLUG:D

Gary Herrmann
01-27-2007, 7:45 PM
Can't go wrong with Forrest.

Ted Shrader
01-27-2007, 7:56 PM
Another vote for Forrest. Unless there is a good deal somewhere ;) on a Systematic.

Ted

John F. Gates
01-27-2007, 9:24 PM
Another vote for Forrest. You will be so impressed.

fRED mCnEILL
01-27-2007, 11:42 PM
I bought a Forrest for my slider as I have both a TK and regular Forrest for my TS. While I really like my TS blades I was super impressed with the slider blade. Its is so sharp that the noise pitch does not chage when cutting. It is like the blade isn't cutting at all. A little pricey but well worth it.

Fred Mc.

Jim Becker
01-28-2007, 10:45 AM
No matter what brand of blade you choose, be sure it's a blade designed for your tool. You should NOT use a table saw blade on a miter saw. You want a negative hook setup for safety and clean cutting.

Dave Falkenstein
01-28-2007, 10:53 AM
I use a Forrest Chopmaster on my SCMS - great blade. However, I have a little trouble seeing a guy spending the money on a Forrest blade for a HF miter saw. Hmmm.

scott spencer
01-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Forrest is always a safe choice Charles, but often isn't the most economical way to get the desired result. If you're looking for a good value blade, check out Amazon. They've currently got some good pricing on Freud and DeWalt blades, both of whom make very good blades in their upper lines. The Freud LU91 is < $60, the LU85 is ~ $70, and they've got a couple of DeWalt's on sale. You might also check Holbren for Tenryu or Ridge Carbide deals, or Infinity.

As Jim mentioned, just be sure it's intended for miter saw or RAS....usually meaning a low to negative hook angle.

Jeff Weight
01-28-2007, 1:06 PM
I'm shocked, you guys are recommending Forrest for a HF saw? Based the quality (or lack of) from the HF SCMS, I'd go to HF and buy the best blade they offered, or I might go to the BORG and look for an Oldham blade. No sense spending a lot of money on this saw.