PDA

View Full Version : Outfeed Table Question

Mike Goetzke
01-27-2007, 5:44 PM
I fastened an outfeed table to my saw with a piano hinge. The outfeed table runs between 0.030" to 0.040" lower than the TS table. Should I adjust/shim the outfeed table to be closer or not? I haven't put all the screws in yet so it's a good time to make adjustments.

Thanks,

Mike

Dave Falkenstein
01-27-2007, 6:20 PM
A little lower is fine. Higher is not fine.

Ted Shrader
01-27-2007, 7:59 PM
Mike -

Leave it where it is. A that amount of sag that far off the back will not hurt a thing.

Do you have extension slots for the miter gauge bar cut in the outfeed table?

Regards,
Ted

Tom Hamilton
01-27-2007, 8:06 PM
Hi Mike: The other experts have already given you good advice, so I will just endorse and reinforce their counsel. Mine sags also, but supports the work as it exits the saw.

A tad high, of course, causes any number of problems, most notibly with feeding the work through the saw.

Cut safely with sag,

Tom

Mike Goetzke
01-27-2007, 8:27 PM
Thanks for the help - (I do plan to add miter slots).

Darrin Davis
01-27-2007, 9:33 PM
Pay attention and make sure your wood is flat on the table when you are making non-through cuts. Sometimes my students allow the leading edge of the wood to "fall" onto the sagging outfeed table and the "dado" is not the correct depth at the end of the cut. Through cuts should not be a problem at all.

glenn bradley
01-27-2007, 11:30 PM
As others have stated; a little low is OK. I made mine a little low purposely. Forge ahead.