PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Reading - Update

Wiktor Kuc
01-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Here is a list of selected and new articles posted this month on www.wkFineTools.com (http://www.wkfinetools.com/). All accessible from the Home Page:

Blue Spruce Toolworks by Christopher Schwarz

Making a Knob for Marcou® M12 by Philip Marcou

Building a Bath Cabinet by Mark Singer

Making Spill Plane - Photo Essay by Darrell LaRu

Building a Wooden-bodied Scraper by Dave Hahn

The Practical Carpenter’s Toolbox by Bob Sturgeon

Q&A - Cutting mouth for a planes by Philip Marcou

A New Mitresaw Tote by Derek Cohen

Cane with a Saw Handle by James D. Thompson

Back in the Saddle... by Scott Grandstaff

A Craftsman-made Panel Saw by Andrew Lunn

Belknap Hardware & Mfg. Co. by Bob Sturgeon

Making a Veneer Compass Rose by P. Michael Henderson

Making Templates for a Sunburst by P. Michael Henderson

The Cowboy's Saw... by Frank Brickhouse

The avid collector... by Mark Singer

Recreating Patina on a Plane by Rob Brophy

HNT Gordon Smoother and Trying Plane by Derek Cohen

Thanks much to the members of this forum for articles you submitted. I am amazed at the quality and extend of the work that many of you do. I do appreciate your engagement and willingness to share your knowledge and experience with many who are not members of this forum.

Thanks much and enjoy the reading.

Don Bullock
01-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Wow!!! That's more than a weekend's worth of reading. I just read the article, "Building a Bath Cabinet," by Mark Singer and looked at all the detailed pictures. I'm even more amazed by his work. WKFineTools.com is a super resource. I've used it lot.

Wiktor Kuc
01-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Don,

I had the same reaction after putting together the whole article. I followed Mark’s posts as he was placing them on the forum, but I felt like I don’t have a good picture of the whole project. It was obviously due to the time passing by between each post. It was still interesting to see the progress over time – no question about that.

When I put the whole thing together in one place and did the final read, I then realized how amazing project this is…

Regards,

Zahid Naqvi
01-27-2007, 1:43 PM
Wiktor, I always enjoy reading articles on your site. Specially as there is a lot of info on handtools. Kepp up the good work.

Wiktor Kuc
01-28-2007, 9:50 PM
Thanks Zahid,

Happy you find interesting material there. You and everybody else are also welcome to send an article for publication.

Thanks and best regards,