PDA

View Full Version : Terry Hatfield

Byron Trantham
11-25-2003, 11:11 AM
Terry here is teh pic of the ports on my DC.

Terry Hatfield
11-25-2003, 6:20 PM
Byron,

OK, got it....

This is going to take just a bit of fabrication. You should go to your local HVAC supplier and ask for a 6" stater flange, sometimes called starter collar. That should be able to be screwed to the housing after you remove the 2 X 4" splitter so you can run 6" to the machine. It should cost about $6. Here is a pic of what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Terry

Ron Meadows
11-25-2003, 6:28 PM
Byron,

The Home Depot near my house carries these starter flanges too. Bout the same price as Terry quoted. Just another option a possible supplier.

Ron

Terry Hatfield
11-25-2003, 6:31 PM
Byron,

The Home Depot near my house carries these starter flanges too. Bout the same price as Terry quoted. Just another option a possible supplier.

Ron

Ron,

Man, I wish HD or Lowes here carried something worth having. They only have those cheesy finger joint looking flanged ones here, you gotta go the the "real deal" to get the good HVAC stuff.

Terry

Byron Trantham
11-25-2003, 11:07 PM
Byron,

OK, got it....

This is going to take just a bit of fabrication. You should go to your local HVAC supplier and ask for a 6" stater flange, sometimes called starter collar. That should be able to be screwed to the housing after you remove the 2 X 4" splitter so you can run 6" to the machine. It should cost about $6. Here is a pic of what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Terry
Terrry, I got the picture, literally and figuratively. Now that I know how to get from a 4" Y to a 6" straight port, all I have to do is redesign my whole system. As I understand it, it should improve the DC.

Question, the main will be 6" of course. What about to a tool currently using a 4" blast gate and 4" hose right up to the tool? do I reduce to accept the blast gates or are there 6" blast gates? As you can imagine, this changes is going to cause a whole lot of changes - hopefully for the better.