PDA

View Full Version : Corel Question

Rick Maitland
01-26-2007, 9:47 PM
Is there a way to increase the size of an image without also increasing the line size when working with a vector image. We have a customer that airbrushes T-shirts and buys stencils from us. He wants the images in all different sizes but the line widths all the same.

Shaddy Dedmore
01-26-2007, 9:52 PM
I'm pretty sure there's an option that will let you keep line width the same when stretching... problem is I can't find it. Keep looking though.

Shaddy

Rick Maitland
01-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Thank you for trying Shaddy. I hope you can get it its been driving me crazy. I have bcome very familiar with the help menu because of this issue, but have not found anything yet.

Shaddy Dedmore
01-26-2007, 10:33 PM
AHA! I was looking in the Options, but it's not there. It's in the Objects Properties Docker, on the Outline tab. There're 2 options, Behind Fill and Scale With Image, guess which one to "uncheck" hehe.

At least, that's where it is in X3 (ALT+ENTER is the hotkey combination to bring it up)

Shaddy

Rodne Gold
01-26-2007, 10:36 PM
Its in the "edit properties" sidebar/docker

Look under the linewidth section and there is a box entitled "Scale linewidth with object" , untick it

Rick Maitland
01-29-2007, 7:11 PM
I am also using X3, but was not able to get what I needed. The Scale with image box is not checked but the image still expands its width. I am thinking the problem is I am not working with an image that is made of simple lines. I will try to post a sample.

Dave Jones
01-29-2007, 7:28 PM
In your sample there are two items grouped. The one on the left has the "scale with image" checked and the one on the right doesn't.

If you select the group and use the corner handles to make it much smaller, then zoom in, then shrink it some more, and zoom in (you may have to do this a number of times since your line width is "hairline"), the one on the left has it's red outline still proportionally small, as it should since it is scaled with image, but the one on the right now has quite a thick red outline because it wasn't scaled with the image.

Is this what you see also? If so, it's working as it should. The black part is the fill, and scales as you scale the whole thing. The red is the line width and either scales or not based on that checkbox.

Brian Robison
01-30-2007, 10:43 AM
This forum is filled with great information.
Thanks to all. You answer those questions that drive me crazy.
BTW, Dave, I'm originally from Candor.

Brian

Dave Jones
01-30-2007, 1:17 PM
Wow Brian, small world. I'm originally from a long ways away from here, and ended up here. You're from near here and ended up a long ways away. LOL.

Mitchell Andrus
01-30-2007, 4:40 PM
BTW, Dave, I'm originally from Candor.

Brian

Brian, Are you related to John Robison in WA?

Brian Robison
01-30-2007, 4:45 PM
I don't think so. There's a few Robisons around but not many.

Rick Maitland
01-30-2007, 6:18 PM
Ok now I see what you are talking about. What I am trying to do though is keep the black fill inside to be the same thickness. Am I correct in thinking this would not be possible to do?