PDA

View Full Version : Delta power-feeder setup questions

Ron Ludington
01-26-2007, 8:55 PM
Ok ... My delta 36-855 showed up today .. I mounted it got it set up and fed some wood through it .. It seems to work fine. It does make a rythmic clicking sound .. weather in gear or not .. I wonder if its normal.
Also the directions say only 1/4 inch difference from front to back ... Is that a good setting for it ?
and how far from the fence ? as close as I can get it .. or back an inch or so ?

Jay Brewer
01-26-2007, 9:35 PM
Hi Ron, glad to see you got it, about the noise, make sure the gear lever on the feeder (not the motor) is fully engaged, on mine you have to push the lever in and turn to get the gears fully seated. If that dosent fix it I would check the sprockets to make sure they are tight and not missing a tooth, try switching the sprockets around and see if it still makes the noise. As far as setting the distance from the fence, I always get it as close to the cutter as I can, make sure the feeder is closer to the fence on the outfeed side, 1/4" to 1/2" works well, hope this helps

Ron Ludington
01-26-2007, 9:43 PM
IT makes the same noise at any speed it does not speed up or slow down, or if the gears are disingaged completly, Like something in the motor assembly isnt quite right.