PDA

View Full Version : SawStop Worked for One Guy!

Don Bullock
01-26-2007, 8:19 PM
Check out http://www.huisinga.org/gallery/view_album.php?set_albumName=album35&page=2 for the picture results of a SawStop accident. Click on the link to photos below the picture for more pictures of what happened.

Pete Brown
01-26-2007, 8:28 PM
I can't tell from the photos what this guy did to get his finger in there. Is there a narrative someplace?

Pete

Dave Sabo
01-27-2007, 11:01 PM
Looks to me like he tried to dado thru a knot, and a large one at that. I'll bet when he hit the knot the fun started.

Don Bullock
01-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Dave, I think you're right. Good guess.

Tim Malyszko
01-28-2007, 8:15 AM
I finally saw the Saw Stop in person yesterday. I was up at Woodcraft and they were setting up their new floor model. It is one impressive looking saw and will more than likely be the next table saw I purchase if other manufacturer's don't start offering the saw stop safety feature.

My biggest fear is losing a finger. Fortunately, I haven't had any close calls, but you never know.

Thanks for the link. Those pictures were enlightening.

Don Bullock
01-28-2007, 8:51 AM
...Thanks for the link. Those pictures were enlightening.

Thanks Tim. While I know that this technology has sparked an endless debate here and elsewhere, I thought those pictures spoke for themselves. I'm glad they were enlightning to some.

Dave Sabo
01-28-2007, 5:01 PM
Tim ....don't bet on seeing any other manuf. offering this technology. When I first saw this @ the IWF in 02 The developer was trying to sell the big boys, read UNI and PM66, the system and was getting nowhere. I think her tried a few more years and then just decided it wasn't that hard to make a really good table saw and add the brake to it. The TS designs have been around decades with few changes or improvements. Make a good saw with a brake and you now have an advantage that no one else does. My sense is that this is as powerful a marketing strategy as the brand reconigition and history that go with a Uni & PM66.

Now that he's got some traction, buzz, press and unit sales why would he want to let others join the party??? Tell em to sod off like they did you at the begining. I'll bet the TOH segement is worth 10,000 unit sales alone.