PDA

View Full Version : Here's a walnut bowl i just made.

Bill Wyko
01-26-2007, 12:40 PM
This was made for a gift but my LOML does'nt think it's nice enough for a gift. She wants me to do a segmented one fot the gift so it's back to the garage.:cool:

Eric Brenneman
01-26-2007, 12:47 PM
What's not to like? That's a good looking bowl!

TYLER WOOD
01-26-2007, 12:49 PM
You can gift it to me:) Nice work

Neal Addy
01-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Ditto Eric and Tyler. Very cool shape!

Doug Collins
01-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Neat shape! Looks like it's melting. Kind of 'Salvador Dali'-ish

John Hart
01-26-2007, 1:00 PM
I'm trying to understand....

Turner: "What do you think about this bowl?"
Spouse: "It's not good enough for a gift"
Turner: "What should I do?"
Spouse: "Get back out to the shop and make another one!!"
Turner: Ok. :rolleyes: :)

Later that day
Turner: "How's this one look?"
Spouse: "Better...but still, it's not good enough for a gift"
Turner: "What should I do?"
Spouse: "Get back out to the shop and try again!!"
Turner: Ok. :D

Steve Schlumpf
01-26-2007, 1:10 PM
Bill - nice work!

Beautiful wood and finish! Form is very different and in turning - different is good!

Make sure you post the one that the LOYL chooses as a gift!

Lee DeRaud
01-26-2007, 1:11 PM
This was made for a gift but my LOML does'nt think it's nice enough for a gift. She wants me to do a segmented one fot the gift so it's back to the garage.:cool:Serves you right for starting with that segmented stuff: now she's spoiled. :p

Nice bowl, BTW...I don't think any of the people I've given bowls to would turn it down.

Neal Addy
01-26-2007, 1:15 PM
Sounds like she really wants to keep them all to me. That's why she says they aren't good enough for a gift.

Paul Engle
01-26-2007, 1:16 PM
OK Bill, stuff it with Dove dark chocolate and yr done:D . Like ... what John said:eek: :D

Bill Wyko
01-26-2007, 1:21 PM
LMAO you guys are killin me:D I thought it was kinda neat too but she's a picky one. I'm glad someone likes it:D

Mark Pruitt
01-26-2007, 1:27 PM
OK, I know I'm gonna get in big big trouble for this, but I'm gonna say it anyway.:p

Bill, I think I've correctly diagnosed the situation with the LOYL not liking this bowl. Think about it for a minute. It's kinda large at the hips, eh? If I was her that'd scare the crap outta me too!!!:rolleyes: :D :p ;)

God save me, I know I'm gonna get killed for that but I just couldn't help myself.....:eek:

Paul Engle
01-26-2007, 1:50 PM
ah Mark now ya gone and dunnit....:eek:

Bill Wyko
01-26-2007, 3:06 PM
she always says "do you wanna see it on your hips or mine" So i get to eat the extra french frys.:D

Bernie Weishapl
01-26-2007, 3:29 PM
Gotta say to Bill that is a mighty fine looking bowl. Nice looking walnut. Nice job.

Mark Pruitt
01-26-2007, 4:10 PM
she always says "do you wanna see it on your hips or mine" So i get to eat the extra french frys.:D
BTW I forgot to say, I do like that bowl.:)

David Walser
01-26-2007, 4:16 PM
Do you think your wife would mind your donating it to the DWR auction? I'm sure it would sell and help raise money for a good cause. Heck, I might even buy it!

Bill Wyko
01-26-2007, 4:31 PM
I would be happy to donate it to the auction. Let me know what I need to do. I'm always up for a good cause.:D

David Walser
01-26-2007, 4:51 PM
Bill,

Thank you for your generosity! If you are attending the DWR, just bring it with you to the registration table. Each person can bring up to three items for the instant gallery. You can also designate one or more pieces for the charity auction. (I don't think they've set a limit on the number of pieces anyone may contribute to the auction.)

If you can't attend, go to http://azwoodturners.org/contact.htm, and email one of the officers of the Arizona Woodturners Association. One of them can give you their mailing address for shipping your bowl.

Just FYI: Some of our demonstrators will be donating some of their work to the auction. Those who attend will have a chance to bid on some mighty fine turnings. Yours, Bill, will not look out of place. You are doing good work.

Bill Wyko
01-26-2007, 7:19 PM
My father in law is coming from phoenix that weekend so my brother in law and I are trying to go to Phoenix that weekend to let the girls spend time with their dad. Thats my story and I'm stickin to it!:D

Bill Wyko
02-01-2007, 3:52 PM
Here's the one I made to replace the other one. This one is walnut, curly maple and bocote. I did this one in a few hours the night before the party.:eek:

John Chandler
02-01-2007, 7:05 PM
I like the new one too. Nice looking wood, finish, everything. I am gald you keep referring to yourself as a newbie, but for the sake of the rest of us newbies, could you post some work that looks like a newbie did it? :D Good work here.

William Bachtel
02-01-2007, 8:54 PM
Tomorrow is my Birthday, I'll take it, great gift