PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
01-26-2007, 6:49 AM
Friday January 26th, 2007

Another week has come and gone. This is the last weekend of January already. Where does the time go? The days are getting longer.

Not much going on here. I will hopefully get some time in the shop getting the X-31 back up and running. Springs are supposed to be here today.

No football, but Sunday is the Badgers at Iowa in B-ball. Gonna have to watch that one.

So what's on the agenda for the weekend? WW'ing, turning, goofing off, family gathering or?????

Whatever you're doing make it a great time and as always be SAFE.

Karl

Tim Malyszko
01-26-2007, 7:53 AM
Since it's now busy season for the wife (she's an accountant that audits Charter Communications... everyone's favorite cable provider here in St. Louis), that leaves me home alone while she's at work, giving me hours and hours of guilt-free time out in the shop.

There are 4 things on my agenda this weekend...

Hit up Lumber Logs and pick up about 20 more BF of soft maple and find a suitable wood to build a storage box for my Akeda Jig.
Begin construction on the New Yankee Workshop deluxe router station.
Build the Cherry Panels for the blanket chest.
Cut the Aromatic Cedar Paneling from rough aromatic cedar that will line the blanket chest.Outside of that, We will probably go out for a nice dinner Saturday Night to get her mind off of work.

O yea, I should probably take down the Christmas Lights:( .

Sam Chambers
01-26-2007, 8:11 AM
Off to the Atlanta Woodworking Show today with a buddy. I might even get a little shop time tomorrow. Sunday I'm off to Mom's to move furniture and stuff.

Dan Gill
01-26-2007, 8:46 AM
Putting the doors on my daughter's secretary/bookcase and picking up some MDF and pine for a linen cabinet I'm building for a family. It will be painted (shudder!).

Al Willits
01-26-2007, 8:50 AM
After starting the doors for the wife's storage cabinets, and having the set screw on the motor pulley loosen up for the second time, I just spent the last two days removing the Delta hybrid's motor and replacing the set screw with one that fits the threads of the pulley better, never seen a set screw that was out of spec before...go figure.
Anyway got that repaired and the pulleys lined up best I could, considering the only way I can see is to remove the table top and I ain't going there now.
So this weekend will be spent finishing a vertical set of doors for the first cabinet (first set was horizontal..ooops) and hopefully making the second cabinet with only one set of doors...:D
And maybe if time allows get started on the plywood hoist I want to make.
Have a safe and well weekend.

Al...who's hopelessly lost, but making good time.

Jim Becker
01-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Being as I am currently "table-saw-less", I'll likely be doing things like splitting firewood and moving some of my lumber storage upstairs in the shop in preparation for filling up the big hole in the space in the near future. It's my turn to do the girl's YMCA activities this Saturday, so that will also be on my card. I need to make one small "finish" adjustment on the cherry vanity and it will then be complete, too...if I can get the shop warm enough. (It's currently about 10º F here in SE PA, although "warming" to the 40s on the weekend)

Peter Lyon
01-26-2007, 11:14 AM
It's not woodworking but... since it's supposed to get up to 50 degrees today and actually be sunny, I think I'll go out for my first motorcycle ride of the year!

And, if I'm lucky enough not to crash, mame or kill myself while riding, I'll should also get some shop time in on Saturday to construct one last remaining raised panel door left over from a project that I started a year ago.:o

Carson Saunders
01-26-2007, 11:16 AM
I still haven't had a chance to fire up my new table saw purchase about 2 weeks ago. I had to disassemble the entire saw in order to square the table to the blade (thats what happens when you buy the floor model). So...I hope to finish the re-assembly and then fire it up!

glenn bradley
01-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Al, if the set screw does that to you again, try a short one with a second one screwed in on top of it to lock it in.

John A. Williams
01-26-2007, 1:01 PM
I'm going to relax, and hopefully sleep alot. I have Mono. Been off from work all week. What a miserable week. I don't think I've ever been this sick before. Hopefully I'll be up to taking my son to his swim meet.
John

Al Willits
01-26-2007, 1:11 PM
Glenn already done, I run the first one in, tightened, then ran the second one in with a bit of blue locktite on it, almost used red, but it may have to come apart again..:)

But thanks for the info, any idea on aligning the pulley's?
Maybe a mirror and use the eye method?
I ended up leaving the pulley loose on the shaft and rotating the blade arbor, with the weight of the motor and turning, the motor pulley seems to have come close to centering its self.
Next time I'll add a access panel to the left side of the saw, what a pain, especially doing it alone.

Al

Justin McCurdy
01-26-2007, 1:17 PM
Well, if I get my lazy butt going I will run a new sub-panel to the garage (why are electrical components so expensive?), possibly pickup a ton of plywood, and complete the construction of my new Steel City table saw. I will post pics of the saw when I get it completed.

If I really get moving, I will begin getting the saw dusty by cutting down some MDF and plywood for the NYW Router Table.

Matt Meiser
01-26-2007, 1:48 PM
Working on getting my brush hog cleaned up and painted. Hopefully I'll at least get primer on it so that I can get it painted before a business trip later in the week next week.

Brian Clevenger
01-26-2007, 2:04 PM
I would like to get out to the shop and start on some over-due projects. It seems like I either don't have time, money, or neither.