PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Albuquerque/Santa Fe area Creekers

Nancy Laird
01-25-2007, 10:02 PM
Calling all Albuquerque/Santa Fe Creekers:

Mike Robertson and I had a great idea to have a get-together of all of the Albq/Santa Fe-area Creekers who are interested. If you are interested in having a Saturday-morning breakfast confab to meet, share ideas/jokes/stupid things you've done :confused: , and just have a good time, post your interest here. Projected dates are February 10, 17, or 24. We are thinking Mimi's Cafe, in the @25! center at the intersection of I-25 and Jefferson. If we can gather enough attendees, we can probably get their back room for a brunch at, say, 10:30 a.m.
Let me know!

Nancy

Cross-posted to FWW

Michael Robertson
01-25-2007, 10:32 PM
OK, we'll be there....we like the 17th best. What time are we looking at? I can smell the Quiche already.

Mike

Bruce Page
01-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Betty & I will be there!

Carol Reed
01-25-2007, 11:25 PM
There are a few more over on WoodCentral. They welcome? I am not there but I know a couple of them.

Nancy Laird
01-25-2007, 11:45 PM
Yes, Carol, anyone who loves woodworking of any kind is welcome. I know you're on Women in Woodworking too, and I'm thinking of posting this there. Johanna in the Land of Enchantment is one I'm thinking of.

C'mon, New Mexicans. Let's see a show of hands!

Nancy

Nancy Laird
01-26-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm bumping this, since things seem to get lost in the plethora of posts here. (Wish I could make it a sticky.) I have three couples confirmed. Who else?

I've settled on Saturday, Febuary 17, at 10:30 am. PM me for directions if you don't know where Mimi's is.

Nancy Laird
02-17-2007, 6:03 PM
Hi, all - our first Albuquerque area breakfast is done, and we had a lot of fun. First of all, David and I made nametags for all the attendees so we'd know who we were talking to.

We made a couple of extras so we could put names on them with a Sharpie.

We had only 7 people attend this time - but we all agreed that we had a good time, exchanged ideas and just yakked.

58113 58114

58115 58116

John Downey lives in Corona, NM, a small town between Albuquerque and Ruidoso, and is busy building his own house. We "met" on another WWing forum, and he hangs out on WoodCentral a lot. His wife couldn't attend today - work kept her busy.

Johanna Johansen lives in Placitas, NM, and does woodworking at her home. She also hangs out on WoodCentral as well as Women in Woodworking.

Chris Tegard lives in Albuquerque, and runs a laser business and turns and sells pens out of his home. His wife was also at work today so she couldn't make it. Chris hangs out here, as well as on a couple of engraving forums. Turns out we had met before at a craft show before Christmas.

Mike and Rita Robertson hang out here, as well as on a couple of pen-turning forums. They also live in Albuquerque, but are anticipating a move to Florida (!) in the next couple of years.

And last but not least, your humble writer and her spouse--we live in Rio Rancho, we build custom cabinets and furniture, do laser engraving, turn pens and are ready to move into larger turnings.

We had a good time, and I hope that other members are able to join us next time. Date and time will be announced.

Nancy

Bruce Page
02-17-2007, 6:25 PM
Wish I could’ve been there; it looks like a good time was had by all. My plane landed at 10:30 and I thought about swinging by, but after 11 hrs in airports & planes I was just too pooped.
I hope I can make it next time.

BTW, it was warmer in Kodiak than it is here!