PDA

View Full Version : How do you keep your Vector Table clean?

Jin Lee
01-25-2007, 2:40 PM
I'm pretty new to lasering, just got my laser a couple of months back. I've been lasering mostly plastics... polystyrene, acrylic and rowmark supplies. Everytime I vector cut through plastic, I get this nasty, oily residue on my vector table. It will wash off with some detergent and elbow grease but there's got to be a better solution than taking my vector table out every week and hosing it down. So, I was wondering what does everyone else do to keep it clean?

- J.

Bob Tate
01-25-2007, 3:10 PM
I use a product called Crud Cutter. The only place I have found it around here is Home Depot. It does a tremendous job without any harm to the aluminum. I think a lot of people around here use it. I spray it on, let it soak for 30 minutes or so, then hose it off. It is some pretty stinky stuff and best used outdoors.
Bob

Aaron Koehl
01-25-2007, 3:22 PM
What is this "clean" you speak of? :D

Bruce Volden
01-25-2007, 3:27 PM
The first thing I bought for my Epilog TT 12 X 24" was a sheet of tin at the local hardware store!!! Double sided tape-and stuck it to the "old" bed. I take it out on occasion and clean it with a Scotchbrite and water. Was real nice to have the tin down as magnets readily stuck to it too!!

Bruce

Brent Vander Weil
01-25-2007, 3:43 PM
I forget who (it was somebody here) told me to use Simple Green... it works... and leaves a nice fresh scent too :-D

Joe Pelonio
01-25-2007, 4:21 PM
What is this "clean" you speak of? :D
Nearly 3 years and never cleaned it yet. You should see my coffee mug.

Aaron Koehl
01-25-2007, 4:51 PM
Nearly 3 years and never cleaned it yet. You should see my coffee mug.

Speaking of coffee mugs, see this (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=707) thread..
In particular, notice the story about the Subaru.
Also interesting are the posts by certifiable PHB, surfcitydogdad.

Michael McDuffie
01-25-2007, 4:51 PM
About ten thousand 2"X2" pieces of leather over the last 5 years makes my vector table smell bad:eek:

Michael

Joe Pelonio
01-25-2007, 6:37 PM
Speaking of coffee mugs, see this (http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=707) thread..
In particular, notice the story about the Subaru.
Also interesting are the posts by certifiable PHB, surfcitydogdad.
Now I do rinse it after each use, it's just that stained look it gets that requires bleach to clean. I used to work with a guy that hadn't cleaned his cofee mug in close to 20 years. While he was on vacation some woman thought she would do him a favor and bleached it. He had a fit when he got back, claiming it added to the flavor.