PDA

View Full Version : 3/4" Head stock

TYLER WOOD
01-25-2007, 2:35 PM
I have a piece of junk that I am using until I can get either a lathe purchased or built. The lathe has standard 3/4" bolt threads (I think it is 10 tpi) Does any one know if they make any drive centers for this? I have had a pen manderal and a face plate custom made for it, but the spurs on the drive mae it near impossible for the people I know.

TYLER WOOD
01-26-2007, 4:27 PM
Bump!

Anyone!?!?!?!?

Doug Collins
01-26-2007, 4:45 PM
How about having somebody make a screw chuck for you? 3/4 x 10 thread to go on your headstock, drilled and tapped on the other end that you can thread a hanger bolt in (machine thread on one end, wood screw threads on the other end?

Steve Schlumpf
01-26-2007, 4:45 PM
Tyler, I'm probably not going to be much help here but I have an old Craftsman lathe with 3/4" x 16 tpi. All sorts of stuff out there for that size as it has been around for a long time. Can you use a thread gauge to determine what you actually have?

Looked on Oneway site and they do list adapters for 3/4" x 10 tpi - not that you are looking for a chuck but proof that something exists out there some where. http://www.oneway.on.ca/chucks/adaptors.htm