PDA

View Full Version : Any Trekkies

John Bailey
01-25-2007, 5:07 AM
Just watched an episode of The Next Generation. It was the 7th season, the episode "Sub Rosa." About ten minutes into the episode, Dr. Crusher and Counselor Troi go into Dr. Crusher's grandmother's house. Look closely, you'll see evidence that "NaNa" was a woodworker.

Happy sleuthing.:)

John

John Schreiber
01-25-2007, 9:12 AM
Don't make me admit anything that I shouldn't.

Live long and prosper.

Andy Hoyt
01-25-2007, 9:59 AM
I will only admit to the fact that "the good of the many outweigh the good of the one".

Bobby McCarley
01-25-2007, 10:07 AM
"Live Long and Prosper Mr Bailey"

Bobby

Rob Russell
01-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Another one who won't admit to being a Trekkie ... :)

Roy Wall
01-25-2007, 11:09 AM
Make it so.........

Jeffrey Fusaro
01-25-2007, 11:16 AM
tribbles DO make good ear plugs...:D

Chris Padilla
01-25-2007, 11:48 AM
I "trekked" last September through a small section of Yosemite...although I did leave my Spock ears in the truck... :p

Ken Werner
01-25-2007, 11:49 AM
resistance is futile

Al Willits
01-25-2007, 12:13 PM
Bones, can you cure this guy?
Damnit Jim, I'm a doctor not a .....er....nevermind.

Al....who's boldly going nowhere, but making good time doing it.

Jeffrey Fusaro
01-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Al....who's boldly going nowhere, but making good time doing it.

HA! good one! what a hoot!

looks like you have found yourself a tag line for your signature. :D

John Bailey
01-25-2007, 5:04 PM
Looks like most of you are older since you site lines from the original, not "Next Generation.":D You have to be quick to see it - not to mention having to take your eyes off Ms. Gates and Ms. Sirtis - but right there in "NaNa's" living room, or great room, is one sweet looking woodworking bench equiped with a nice shoulder vice. Of course, she's using it for a table with do-dad's and flowers.:(

Enough sleuthing for today, I'm off to 10-forward to relax.

"Engage" - John

Ron Journeau
01-25-2007, 9:22 PM
He's dead, Jim

Tim Wagner
01-26-2007, 8:56 AM
well i have seen all episodes, all generations, about 50 times. have them all on DVD too. now I will have to pull thet episode and see what you were talking about. ok. going to light my candel now.

Mike Cutler
01-26-2007, 8:33 PM
Do ya' think we'll be able to work "Transparent Aluminum" with a table saw?

John Bailey
01-26-2007, 8:55 PM
well i have seen all episodes, all generations, about 50 times. have them all on DVD too. now I will have to pull thet episode and see what you were talking about. ok. going to light my candel now.

You're my kind of guy Tim!!

John

Gary Herrmann
01-26-2007, 9:55 PM
Dang, and here I sit in my red star trek shirt. Guess I better not go down to the shop.

Travis Porter
01-26-2007, 10:37 PM
I have watched every episode of TNG multiple times, but I don't recall an episode where Troi and Crusher go to her grandmother's.

Is this on the Holodeck? What else happens?

I do miss that show. I didn't watch it the first couple of seasons, but after I did get started, I didn't miss an episode.

We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

John Bailey
01-27-2007, 4:18 AM
I have watched every episode of TNG multiple times, but I don't recall an episode where Troi and Crusher go to her grandmother's.

Is this on the Holodeck? What else happens?

I do miss that show. I didn't watch it the first couple of seasons, but after I did get started, I didn't miss an episode.

We are the Borg. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

"Sub Rosa" is the episode that takes place on a "Teraforma" colony of Scottish decent. Crusher's grandmother has died and Crusher discovers some kind of being that needs a body to live in. This "being" is a very handsome, loving and passionate guy that has seduced Crusher's female ancestors for 800 years. He tries to get Crusher to resign her commision in Starfleet and stay with him.

That's it in an escape pod.

John

Bryan Somers
01-27-2007, 2:23 PM
I guess I'll come out of the closet too because I am functioning within normal parameters.

I do remember that episode but have only seen it once I do remember that it was a little hard to follow.

John Bailey
01-27-2007, 5:42 PM
I guess I'll come out of the closet too because I am functioning within normal parameters.

I do remember that episode but have only seen it once I do remember that it was a little hard to follow.

It was not one of the best episodes, but, it did have a woodworking bench with a cool shoulder vise - that's gotta' count for something.

John

Travis Porter
01-28-2007, 1:01 AM
Ahhh.. Now I remember. Crusher reading her grandmother's diary and so forth.

Tim Wagner
01-28-2007, 10:19 AM
wouldn't it be great to live 800 years and have women after women. Of course, I am not married so I may not know what I am saying. LOL:eek:

Martin Shupe
01-28-2007, 10:52 PM
wouldn't it be great to live 800 years and have women after women. Of course, I am not married so I may not know what I am saying. LOL:eek:

Well, I'm married, and I think it would be great. (But don't tell me wife.:D)

I've watched all the Star Treks since the original. The only one I didn't like was DS9. I actually liked Enterprise the best, and I was really bummed when it was cancelled. I thought Bakula made a great Captain, and the Vulcan gal was a hottie.

Tim Wagner
01-29-2007, 12:02 AM
he was a good captian, but the show was doomed from the start. the idea of jumping back in time, instead of moving forward, just sucked.

Bill Lewis
01-29-2007, 6:15 AM
I heard a rumor that there is to be either another series, or a movie that also jumps back in time to a time when Kirk was much younger. I don't know the validity of the rumor, and I am very fuzzy on the specifics. Let me go do a mind meld and I'll get back to you on this.

Travis Porter
01-29-2007, 11:32 AM
There is a movie in the works. I forget who is producing it, but it was someone who produces something like Lost, 24, or Alias. Can't remember.