PDA

View Full Version : Informal DWR Social Event

David Walser
01-25-2007, 12:12 AM
Just FYI for those of you attending the DWR: Some have wondered about an informal get together to swap stories and perhaps some wood. Arrangements are being made to meet Friday evening at a local sports bar near the Mesa Convention Center. Details will be available at the registration table Friday. (Early registration starts at noon on Friday the 9th.) Tentatively, the plan is for the Marriott hotel next to the convention center.

Mark Pruitt
01-25-2007, 7:39 AM
I've heard of a DWI; what's a DWR? I admit I haven't had my coffee yet this morning...:rolleyes:

David Walser
01-25-2007, 10:02 AM
Sorry for using just initials. The Desert Woodturning Roundup is a symposium sponsored by our local woodturning club. We have 10 well-known turners, including the Creek's own Malcolm Tibbets, coming to put on demonstrations. Last year, at the first ever DWR, from the U.S. we had people attend from as far east as Maine, as far west as Alaska, and as far south as Florida (which competes with Maine for being far east). We also had a number of other countries represented, but I forget which ones. This year we've had a number of emails asking about a get together to swap stories and wood. The informal event friday is our response. I'm just trying to get the word out.

Here's a link in case anyone wants to learn more about the event:

http://www.desertwoodturningroundup.com/