PDA

View Full Version : Finally I get to gloat!

Wayne Bitting
01-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Finally my new lathe has arrived (it is actually six weeks early), its PSI's varible speed model, 18" between centers and 10" swing. By getting it on Amazon instead of the PSI showroom I was able to save $74. I've been shut down for a while so it will be nice to start turning again. Of course I was a little excited when I took it out of the box and didn't even think of wiping it down before firing it up until I covered the floor, wall, myself and the dog too in oil. The ShopSmith was really loud and this thing barely makes much noise. Guess who is calling out sick on Friday....:D

I know - no pics didn't happen, this compter doesn't have any photo software so I couldn't get the file small enough to upload.

Corey Hallagan
01-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Congrats Wayne! I have the Turncrafter Pro non VS model and I really like it alot. Not one problem with it.

Corey

Bernie Weishapl
01-24-2007, 10:52 PM
Congrats Wayne. I think that will be a nice lathe for you. Can't wait to see some turnings.

Neal Addy
01-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Congrats Wayne!

When you get that puppy housebroken, how about giving us a little review of your thoughts? I've been curious about it for quite a while.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Congrats Wayne! Give us a review after you've used it for a while.

Bruce Shiverdecker
01-24-2007, 11:36 PM
Good Gloat, Wayne.

DO NEED TO SEE PICTURES, though!

Bruce

Mark Pruitt
01-25-2007, 8:52 AM
Good Gloat, Wayne.

DO NEED TO SEE PICTURES, though!

Bruce
Pot, meet kettle!!!:p :D :p :D :p :D

I do think there's one certain woodturner in Illinois that we're waiting to see another picture from...:D

Steve Schlumpf
01-25-2007, 9:11 AM
Congrats on the Lathe! Looking forward to the pics!