PDA

View Full Version : Rigid 14" Bandsaw priced lower

Tom McCann
01-24-2007, 8:09 PM
I've was in Home Depot the other day and price was reduced to $268.

Anyone know why they would discount this so low.

Think its worth buying? :o

Scott Rebello
01-26-2007, 2:04 PM
If its a floor model HD is trying to get rid of all their floor models and just sell off of pictures. I paid $209 for mine. I think you'll get all sorts of opinions from love to it sucks!! I replaced the tires with urethanes, link belt and a Twolf blade. Cuts and resaws well enough. Havent had any problem with anything Ive put through it so far. I think its a good deal for the money. Scott

Tom McCann
01-26-2007, 2:52 PM
Thanks Scott. Called them today there down to 225 going to wait them out. See what happens

Anthony Anderson
01-26-2007, 6:08 PM
Tom, That sounds like a really good price if money is a factor in buying a bandsaw. If you wait it out too long, you may lose out on a great deal. Good Luck, Bill

glenn bradley
01-26-2007, 9:21 PM
Both BORGs around here blow stuff out around this time of year. Just after they use a bunch of their in-stock tools to rebuild their displays for the season change is a great time to get good buys on "oops I lost the other collet for this router" type items. I've picked up a CMS and a couple routers this way. Visit often and if something is marked down already, don't be afraid to ask what they'll take if you buy it 'right now'. ;-)

Mike Shoemaker
01-26-2007, 9:39 PM
I called 5 Home depot's here. There all over 300.00$