PDA

View Full Version : Delta AP400

Shannon Seelig
01-24-2007, 7:01 PM
Hello all again,

When I posted my first thread, the people were so nice and gave me such good feedback and made me feel very welcome for a new guy. I was also told that if I have any questions about purchasing used equipment that you all would help me in deciding if it is a good deal or not.

I have an opportunity to purchase a Delta AP400. I would think that the most I would use it for would be a jointer, planer, bandsaw, table saw, one machine at a time down in my basement. I know that they are new for $199 The gentleman bought this used and never used it himself. He wants $130 for it. Is it a good deal, if not how much should it be worth?
How durable are they and would it be of service to someone who is just starting out or should I go bigger?
Any information would be helpful.
Thanks everyone!
Shannon

Chris Rosenberger
01-24-2007, 7:33 PM
I have one that I take out on jobs for use with my mitersaw & table saw. It does a nice job. It dosent have alot of suction. The price sounds great. I paid $200 for mine. If I were just starting out, I would give it a shot. I think you could get your money back out of it if it does not work for you.

Jim Becker
01-24-2007, 8:08 PM
For one machine at a time, it will work fine as a chip collector. (I had the very similar Jet DC650 back when I started my hobby) It's real world performance is generally about 300-350 CFM and that will clear chips from the machines you cite. It will not clear a lot of the very fine dust, so you should continued to utilize personal protection.