PDA

View Full Version : Queen Anne II

Don Brillhart
01-24-2007, 6:05 PM
Some of you woodworkers asked for more photos of the QE HighBoy I posted last week. I have shrunk some pictures down and have posted them here. If anyone has questions or wants dimensions etc. , please email me at mohawkdon@sbcglobal.net.
Thanks for your kind words.
Don Brillhart

John Schreiber
01-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the pictures. It shows a bit of how much work went into that project. It also makes it seem just a little more possible that I might do something like that someday.

John Lucas
01-25-2007, 6:42 AM
What a great project. Beautiful work. What wood species? By the way, I havent seen a deep freeze like that in decades. (and NY Bloodbank has about 200 of them (looks only) that are liquid nitrogen reefers for bag of blood. Place in OR that has a bunch for monky parts (with the right plans, yu could put together a real monkey. The trick is to wake them up slowly. Rabits have gone through the freezing process a nd have woken up, only to have acute colds and then die. - how is that for useless info...and maybe a bit OT).

Don Brillhart
01-25-2007, 9:20 AM
The wood is red oak at the wife's request!
Don

Mike Henderson
01-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Don - thanks for the pictures. How did you put the web frames into the sides? Did you dado the sides to slide the frames in? It looks like the web frames line up with the sides in the front, so if you did a dado, you didn't bring it all the way forward. And if you did dado them, how did you attach them? Did you glue them in the front and leave the rest free?

Just wanting to know... Great job.

Mike

Don Brillhart
01-25-2007, 10:56 AM
The sides are solid oak with three tenons on each end that fit into mortises in the leg post.
Don

Mike Henderson
01-25-2007, 11:39 AM
The sides are solid oak with three tenons on each end that fit into mortises in the leg post.
Don
Thanks, Don. What I was asking about were the web frames that support the drawers. I guess you could also call them the drawer support or drawer dividers. How did you put those in to the sides?

Mike