PDA

View Full Version : New here with a question on a member's status (Chris Padilla)

David Cramer
01-24-2007, 2:49 PM
I am new here but I had checked this site out over a year and a half ago (approximately). I just registered this month. No, I didn't lurk for a year and a half. I have been busy beyond belief helping a friend after work for "over a year" and the normal things we all deal with in life. I started looking at this site again just before Christmas.

I remember a really funny guy named Chris Padilla who was building a shop in California (I think?). If the name or state isn't spelled correctly, please forgive me. I am going off of memory. During the month or so that I had time to check out the site, this guy was doing a weekly update on his shop. I remember he was really, really funny and came across as a nice guy, internet or not. He seemed really decent and I really miss his posts.

Did he get burned out or something? Does anyone know anything about him or how his shop turned out? Just curious. For a month he had me in stitches everytime I read one of his posts. If anyone knows, please let me know. Thanks!!!!

Dave

Ken Fitzgerald
01-24-2007, 3:10 PM
Chris checks in every once in a while. It seems to me he got busy with his family.

David Cramer
01-24-2007, 3:22 PM
Thanks Ken for responding so quickly! Much appreciated!

Dave

Glenn Clabo
01-24-2007, 3:51 PM
David...If you click on a persons name and then on "View Public File"...you can see when that person was last active. I Chris's case...today at 2:59.

Chris Padilla
01-24-2007, 4:24 PM
My ear's must be burning or something. I haven't checked The Creek in several weeks and ever since Uncle Bob sent his "The Domino is Orderable" email to me, I decided to hop on here and see what controversey this tool would strike up!

I wasn't to be disappointed! hahaha I quickly revived the horse-beaten thread.

However, Ken is correct...I've been very busy at the house and with the family and I just had to limit how much time I goof off online.

I hope to get back to my second family here. The garage is one of those things that is endless but it is slowly coming into shape.

Fer gosh sakes, look at my avatar! I'm either VERY early for X-mas or seriously late! :D

Jim Becker
01-24-2007, 4:39 PM
Good to see you stop by, Chris...aren't we due for the official shop tour soon? Did you find new curtains for your shop's side door? LOL!

Chris Padilla
01-24-2007, 5:00 PM
The shop "door" is now a "winder", Jim! And, sadly, it hasn't be graced with anything so elogent as "curtains" 'n stuff! :) Mostly, it is graced with bug carcasses, sawdust, and such.... :D

Oh, and David, I'm glad someone finds me somewhat humorous...now I'll have to WIDEN all the door openings at home...that'll keep me away from The Creek for another 6 months.... ;)

David Cramer
01-24-2007, 6:55 PM
Excellent! So you are still working on that garage/workshop? I figured you were done by now and producing furniture with no time for the forum. Glad to see you are still around! I truly miss reading your :Dhumor of 1-2 years ago.

Glenn Clabo, thanks for pointing that out to me. I have yet to search the entire site and see just what all the titles do. I confess, I am not a computer guy, at all. My wife is and so is the rest of my family. My 11 year old son blows me away, like probably every other 11 year old would. My little girl will be beating me in a year or so. I can feel it coming. I do the best I can with this keyboard thing and learn at least one thing new everyday!

Thanks for responding guys and glad your still here Chris!

Dave

Steve Clardy
01-24-2007, 7:59 PM
Hey brother Chris.:)
How's Mom doing ?