PDA

View Full Version : Router Tracking System - Carol Reed

Richard Bistline
01-24-2007, 10:25 AM
On page 34 of Carol Reed's book Router Joinery Workshop, she shows a white baseplate with a groove in it for a router, a blue annodized aluminum track, two silver tracks and a clear piece of acrylic plastic. She called this a "router tracking system" not an edge guide. Does anyone own this system? What is the name of the system, and where can one purchase it?

Thanks, Richard

Richard Bistline
01-24-2007, 10:32 AM
I made a mistake on the page number; it is page 54 not 34. My eyes are getting older.:D

Ken Belisle
01-24-2007, 10:43 AM
Something like this??

http://www.amazon.com/Eurekazone-Inc-SRK-Smart-Router/dp/B0009UBVAE/sr=1-28/qid=1169653209/ref=sr_1_28/105-3490664-5876404?ie=UTF8&s=hi

Carol Reed
01-24-2007, 7:22 PM
That was a system that I invented over 20 years ago. I didn't have the money to manufacture and market it. I did make quite a few when I lived in California and sold them locally. I no longer live there and I no longer make them, sadly. But thanks for getting the book. Hope you enjoy it.

That said, there are several on the market from folks who had more money to invest that I did. Good concept. Check out the particulars of each system and go from there. I am not intimately familiar with any of the others so I cannot comment on their idiosyncrasies. But you can bet each has them! :o

Brian Doris
01-25-2007, 2:25 AM
If you ever did become familiar with any of them, I, for one, would very much like to hear your insights.
Regards

Carol Reed
01-25-2007, 8:15 AM
As you can easily figure out, I am not going to "buy" another system when what I have works so well. Now if someone wanted to send me one to try out..........:D

THAT hasn't happened yet. Wonder why?:rolleyes:

Richard Bistline
01-25-2007, 9:14 PM
I have really appreciated your book and the information therein. Out of five stars I would give it five stars. I am making your mortising jig right now. It is the most challenging jig that I have ever made, but I welcome the opportunity to make it. I couldn't find your website though. Thanks again. Richard H. Bistline