PDA

View Full Version : Accurate Guide?

Mike Duffy
01-24-2007, 9:35 AM
Anyone know if this company is still around? I used to have a bookmark to their site, but it's no longer available.
Thanks.

Larry D. Wagner
01-24-2007, 5:37 PM
Mike

I saw this post earlier today, but I couldn't remember the sight until I came home and looked it up. It is www.accuratewoodtools.com (http://www.accuratewoodtools.com).

Hope this helps!

Larry:) :) :)

Gary Keedwell
01-24-2007, 5:44 PM
Mike

I saw this post earlier today, but I couldn't remember the sight until I came home and looked it up. It is www.accuratewoodtools.com (http://www.accuratewoodtools.com).

Hope this helps!

:confused: Larry ...Link says error...sorry.

Gary K.

Alan Greene
01-24-2007, 5:45 PM
Larry I tried the link and the web site does not come up. I also tried my link in my favorites and it did not work either. Does anyone know if it is just a web site problem, or if they went out of business?

Don Newman
01-24-2007, 8:07 PM
I tracked down Accurate Woodworking Tools and have learned they sold their patents for the Accurate Guide to a router manufacturer. I don't know which one. The company continues as a machine shop which they always were. They stopped manufacturing the guide sometime late in 2006. :(

Alan Greene
01-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Don
Thanks for the information, it is too bad they stopped making them.

Larry D. Wagner
01-25-2007, 8:13 AM
:confused: Sorry Guys,

I had had e-mail communication with John LaPrest of Accurate tools on Dec. 2, 2006. He said he would sell me a guide for my router direct at that time. Unfortunately I did not take advantage of his offer then, as I was going to wait until after the first of the year.(Christmas You Know) Looks like I waited too long.:mad: He didn't mentioned that they were selling their patent. Does anyone know which company bought it?

Kyle Kraft
01-25-2007, 12:21 PM
I can't help you where to buy one, but a WW friend of mine recenty made one using the pictures off the web. The thing works like a champ. The only problem he's having is finding a place that will anodize it for less than $100.00:mad: Without the anodized coating it leaves black streaks all over his stock.

Peter Pedisich
01-25-2007, 12:51 PM
The only problem he's having is finding a place that will anodize it for less than $100.00:mad: Without the anodized coating it leaves black streaks all over his stock.

A coat of clear laquer should work well.;)