PDA

View Full Version : Mission Bed

Rich Huhra
01-24-2007, 9:23 AM
Started this right after Thanksgiving. Queen size, white oak, 1 1/4 thick all pieces, with four raised panels each on foot and head boards. Panels don't show that well in the pic but really looks good. The oak was purchased from Mike Morgan on one of his runs to Maryland. Good material.

Everthing is mortised no screws. Have to final fit everthing, sand and then finish. Maybe BLO and then a top coat. I will post pics when it is completed.

This is my first attempt at posting a pic so hope it works.

Don Bullock
01-24-2007, 9:35 AM
Nice job. No screws? I'm impressed.

Since my LOML and I are changing our decorating style from "hodgepodge" to Arts and Crafts, this is something in my "to do" list.

Glenn Clabo
01-24-2007, 9:38 AM
Nice work Rich! ... But...not to offend your height or anything...isn't it a little short?;) :D

Rich Huhra
01-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Glenn,

The footboard is 38 1/2" high, while the headboard is 58 1/2" high. This is normal for most beds I've seen in this style. The mattress top sits 28" off the floor, so the footboard is not hidden by the mattress and covers as some beds are.

Rich

Rennie Heuer
01-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Very nice work Rich! Thanks for showing us this.

Glenn Clabo
01-24-2007, 10:42 AM
Rich...
I was "trying" to be funny while talking about length of the bed...(you have it clamped together which makes it only a few inches long)...

Sorry...