PDA

View Full Version : Wood Whisperer

John Kain
01-23-2007, 12:17 PM
I know Marc has been on SMC a couple times in the past. But he has some newer videos and such on his website. It seems he's cutting a name for himself in the WW community. If you haven't visited his website, by all means, give it a look. He's gained some nice corporate sponsors, obviously because of his WW skills and importantly, his 'likability' for the camara.

http://marcswoodcreations.com/thewoodwhisperer/

Give it a couple minutes to load.............

Brian Matzke
01-23-2007, 12:27 PM
I have been watching his podcasts since December. Very entertaining and easy to watch. He gives good info. while being entertaining.

Pete Brown
01-23-2007, 12:36 PM
Very nice, but for him to get accepted outside of fans, he needs to speed up that site. It takes about 10x longer to load than most people will accept. (I used to develop, and now manage the development of lots of apps, including web sites)

Otherwise, that's a great looking site. I'll check out his videos. Thanks for the pointer!

Pete

Dave Hale
01-24-2007, 9:30 PM
Nice catch. I find iTunes so difficult to find interesting Podcasts on. Had looked in 'Hobbies' but never saw this one. Watch the 1st 4 episodes today on the commute to and from. Very smooth and yes, entertaining.
Thanks for mentioning him! I look forward to seeing the rest of them. Great shop he has, but the wood storage location is a little scary to me. Looks like the lowest tier is 7-8 ft from the floor.
If the site's killing you with speed, just subscribe on iTunes (it's free) and watch it through QuickTime. Downloads aren't too bad and then you've got them to view anytime.

RichMagnone
01-24-2007, 9:59 PM
I love his stuff. Frankly, he has great presence on camera. I could do with less of the sound effects and cheezy "bonks", etc., but he speaks well without the "aaahhhh"s and "ummmmm"s that many podcasters use in between real words. There is no doubt that he could pull off a professional tv show.

And his shop is so damn clean.... makes me mad.

Marc Spagnuolo
01-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Glad you guys are enjoying the shows. I have been on our hosting company for a while now because of the overall sluggishness of the site. But I think their tech service is run by 12 year olds with bad attitudes and a poor command of the English language. You never really know if they are actually listening to your issue, let alone responding to it.
So be a little patient. Fortunately most of my viewers are woodworkers who dont mind waiting a few seconds. If I ran a site about Tech news, I'd be dead in the water! :)

Thanks guys. I appreciate you watching and spreading the word.

Marc

Dave Hale
03-28-2007, 10:11 PM
Another one I found, through Mark's site he referenced another. It is Woodsmith's weekly seminar podcast.

http://www.woodworkingonline.com/category/podcast/

45 minutes to a little over an hour. Watch the TS Tuneup and TS Jigs episodes. Very informative and showed me some new stuff.
In iTunes, search for Woodworking Online.

I love that people are putting out woodworking podcasts. I commute close to 3 hours a day and being 'alternatively productive' (not work related) makes the time pass so much quicker and I'm getting 'egeekaited' too. :D

Mike Shoemaker
03-29-2007, 12:44 AM
Iv'e been getting on his site. Very helpful and fun. Keep it up.