PDA

View Full Version : Woodworking Classes

Mike Mastin
11-24-2003, 10:35 AM
If you were interested in attending a woodworking class, what subject(s) would most interest you? Just curious.

Steve King
11-24-2003, 2:02 PM
Mike,
The one class I would like to attend would be how to apply the proper finish on a project.
There was a class at Wood Craft a few months ago on this subject. I think Dave Arbuckle was the teacher but I could not attend that weekend, maybe their will be another class. There is nothing worse than to put a lot of time on a project and then screw it up with the wrong finish.
Steve

Dave Brandt
11-24-2003, 2:57 PM
If I were retired (again), I'd love to apprentice with a really good trim/finish carpenter. I want to be able to build those beautiful fireplace surrounds/mantels, throw up crown without wasting half and needing 3 tubes of chaulk, and cut tiny returns without calling my insurance agent first.

Tyler Howell
11-24-2003, 3:03 PM
Mike,
I’d sign up for a joinery class, both hand and power tools.
I’d also like to learn tool set up and fine-tuning.

Tyler :confused:

Douglas Robinson
11-24-2003, 4:21 PM
I would also like a finishing class and a set-up class. Also a beginners lathe class as that is still the one tool I have never used.

Dennis Peacock
11-24-2003, 5:46 PM
If you were interested in attending a woodworking class, what subject(s) would most interest you? Just curious.

How about machine setup and especially "tuning" for the TS, BS and Jointer. I would also like some "case work" classes and some wood turning classes. Of course, joinery would be helpful as well.

Jim Becker
11-24-2003, 6:16 PM
Given the nature of your business, a course or seminar on the "special" needs that figured woods have would [sic] be useful to many folks!