PDA

View Full Version : Magazine subscriptions Cheap

Dave Lehnert
01-22-2007, 7:40 PM
I have just about let all my magazine subscriptions run out. I guess after so long they just get too repetitive. Anyway I have been looking to renew some. I have found places on the web like Magsforless.com that has magazines for 3 years for less than one year at a magazines web site.
Has anyone used this site or another like it? How do I know this is not just some kid with a web site gathering credit card numbers? I like a good price but don’t know who operates such web pages.

One of the magazines was WOOD. I posted on their d-group if this was a rip off site using their name or was a place of operation in good standing and my message got booted off their site.

Dave Lehnert
01-22-2007, 7:53 PM
Well so much for that web site. Thanks to the old BBB.

http://www.newyork.bbb.org/reports/businessreports.aspx?pid=44&page=1&id=79430

Pete Brown
01-22-2007, 7:56 PM
Every time my wife or I have used services like that (once for each of us) ir was a rip off. You get your magazines maybe two or three times then they mysteriously start getting lost in the mail.

Ask the publisher if those are legit. The publisher has an interest in selling as many magazines as possible, so I would think the answer would be reasonably honest.

Pete

Paul Stroik
01-22-2007, 8:09 PM
Well so much for that web site. Thanks to the old BBB.

http://www.newyork.bbb.org/reports/businessreports.aspx?pid=44&page=1&id=79430

That is why I always subscribe/renew subscription with the mag company. Never been burned that way and actually save on the rate with a longer subscription term.

paidin fain
01-22-2007, 8:09 PM
get them on ebay. thats what I did and it worked great. These people depend on their feedback so you can count on the ones with 3000+ positive feedback. Their prices are dirt cheap also

paidin

Ernie Hobbs
01-22-2007, 9:46 PM
Another vote for ebay. I've done this for the past several years for my FWW subscription and have been paying about $18 a year compared to the $34 regular subscription price. No complaints yet.

Jim Becker
01-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Strangely enough...Publisher's Clearninghouse sometimes has good deals...I guess they must sell some mags to be able to offer all that money that SOMEONE ELSE ALWAYS GETS! :rolleyes:

rodney mitchell
01-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Ebay subscription services have worked like a charm for me. I got 1 year of Wood for something like 8 dollars. Just takes a long time for the first issue to arrive (something like 60-90 days).

RM

Bruce Wrenn
01-22-2007, 10:44 PM
For a comparison of prices from diferent vendors go to www. magazinepricesearch.com. They do a comparison of vendors for several woodworking magazines.

Dave Lehnert
01-22-2007, 10:54 PM
Another vote for ebay. I've done this for the past several years for my FWW subscription and have been paying about $18 a year compared to the $34 regular subscription price. No complaints yet.

How do you find them on e-bay. I did a search for WOOD and all I got was old mags for sale.

David G Baker
01-22-2007, 11:23 PM
Dave,
I go to Ebay and search for the magazine I am looking for and am now getting at least 5 or 6 magazines at very low prices and have not yet had a problem. I have been doing this for about 8 years. There are some, Birds and Blooms for example, that will not sell at a discounted price but many others do. Don't think I have used magsforless because I always found the subscriptions cheaper than them somewhere else.
David B

David G Baker
01-22-2007, 11:27 PM
How do you find them on e-bay. I did a search for WOOD and all I got was old mags for sale.
Dave,
Go to Ebay search and put the magazines name and the word subscription after it. Some magazines cannot be bought this way, that may be why you only find older magazines.
David B

Jeffrey Fusaro
01-23-2007, 7:08 AM
i've gotten good results using "magazines.com".

decent prices.

no troule with deliveries.

at renewal time, they send an e-mail asking if you want to continue.

Tony Sade
01-23-2007, 10:40 AM
It's time to renew my FWW mag subscription and I've had no luck finding a price cheaper than what the publisher is offering, not even on eBay. Everyone is quoting roughly the same price--$35 for a year. :(

Anyone have any better luck?

Cheers,

Bruce Wrenn
01-23-2007, 9:47 PM
It's time to renew my FWW mag subscription and I've had no luck finding a price cheaper than what the publisher is offering, not even on eBay. Everyone is quoting roughly the same price--$35 for a year. :(

Anyone have any better luck?

Cheers, Go to magazinepricesearch.com Currently available for $29.71 for a year. Three years about $68.00