PDA

View Full Version : power feeders

Ron Ludington
01-22-2007, 4:41 PM
I am looking for a power feeder for my shaper. I am being told they are all pretyty much the same and any brand will do. I have found a bridgewood 1 hp on sale and was wondering if anyone has any experiance with these ... or should I be staying with the name brands ... delta powermatic ....

Rick Lizek
01-22-2007, 4:57 PM
I am looking for a power feeder for my shaper. I am being told they are all pretyty much the same and any brand will do. I have found a bridgewood 1 hp on sale and was wondering if anyone has any experiance with these ... or should I be staying with the name brands ... delta powermatic ....

I wouldn't worry too much about brands but if you do Maggi/Steff is the worlds leader in power feeders and makes many of them that other put their name on. I wouldn't consder Delta or PM a name brand in power feeders.
http://wmdusa.com/products.html
www.westernroller.com (http://www.westernroller.com) makes wheels for feeder that are better than the stock wheels. Also belted tracks are available for special applications.

Jay Brewer
01-22-2007, 7:05 PM
Hi Ron, I have the Bridgewood 1 hp, 4 wheel feeder, it is great, its the same exact feeder Delta sells for over 1K. Save your money and buy the Bridgewood.

Ron Ludington
01-23-2007, 7:47 PM
I was going to buy the bridgewood ... but they were out of stock .. and the new price with shipping was going to be 900.00 .. Amazon had the 4 roller 36-855 for 952.00 free shipping .... So ... Its on its way.
They all seemed to be about the same price for 4 roller 1 HP. So I just went with the name brand I knew.

Jay Brewer
01-23-2007, 8:15 PM
Hi Ron, Im not suprised the Bridgewood is sold out, the sale went into effect before Christmas, sound like you still got a decent deal though, good luck with the new Delta

Joe Jensen
01-23-2007, 10:20 PM

There are some differences. I bought a Maggi that has a gear shift and two electrical speeds. 4 speeds forward and reverse, plus the gears can be swapped to 4 more speeds. I wanted the flexaility for different feed rates. Also, I bought a 3 wheel, but if I had it to do over again, I'd get 4 wheels so I could have two in front of the cutterhead and two behind...joe

lou sansone
01-24-2007, 4:54 AM
a vote for maggi

Jim Flynn
01-24-2007, 3:31 PM
I'd also check the Felder site as they have their feeders on sale and I am pretty certain that they are maggi's painted green. I picked on up last week for right around $900 their F38 which is a 3 wheel, 8 speed 1HP feeder. Works great. Uses electronic speed control for 2 fwd and 2 reverse speeds, gear change for more.