PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments....

Dennis Peacock
01-22-2007, 9:17 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Another weekend has come and gone and I'm ashamed to say that I haven't seen the inside of my shop for almost 3 weeks now due to my day job and all the new work we have coming in. I haven't been on the internet with any regularity for well over 2 weeks now. Too bad I'm not getting paid by the hour. :( :confused:

Work on Friday, Friday night, and into Saturday morning late. Sleep some during the day on Saturday, church and bass playing on Sunday morning, rest Sunday afternoon, family time Sunday evening, and now it's back to to day job.

I sure miss my shop time.

What did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jim Becker
01-22-2007, 9:20 AM
I got shop time on Saturday doing a little clean-up and once the shop was warm enough, trying to get the cherry vanity finished up...I planned on having it completly done on Sunday, but some behavioral issues with "the older" due to a med change put the kabosh on any shop time. So I took "the younger" out to lunch, shoe shopping, craft supplies shopping for a school project and a haircut. Maybe next week...I'm "this close" to being done. Sheesh!

Greg Cole
01-22-2007, 9:27 AM
Friday night I assembled the new JET DC 1200 canister style. Spent the batter part of Saturday morning hanging the ducting, installing blast gates and grounding the ducting properly. I have to say this is something I should have done a LONG time ago.... my first couple cuts of 3/4" MDF as a trial on the TS left little to nothing for dust on the table. To anyone who's been putting off buying a DC, put it on the top of your list! LOML even gave me some brownie points for the effort to keep the dust out of the living quarters.....:D
We got about 6" of snow :) (without the typicla Mid-West precursory freezing rain etc), so I shoveled the driveway into one big pile and dug an "igloo" and also spend a few hours Sunday morning sliding & tubing with my 5 year old boy.
Managed to stain the parts and pieces for a "mini loft" bed for the little guy Sunday while watching some football.
Bout it.. back to work.

Dan Gill
01-22-2007, 9:49 AM
Spent Saturday working a service job for two single-parent families that had to move in together, and went to see Night at the Museum in the PM. No shop time. I will be making a linen pantry for the house we're working on.

Sunday it was finally warm enough to wipe a couple of coats of poly on my daughter's secretary! Woohoo!

Kelly C. Hanna
01-22-2007, 9:51 AM
I spent Saturday and Sunday in the shop on the Oak bookcase/desk/entertainment center I am working on. Took some time off to have a few friends over Saturday night.

Al Willits
01-22-2007, 9:53 AM
Pretty much finished the larger TS sled, and went on to get one of the storage cabinets the wife wants almost done, made a couple of doors for it and sanded and finished them..was feeling pretty good about them as they turned out pretty nice, leastwise till Beasty came out and said the cabinet was suppose to be vertical, not horizontal....grrrrrr
I now have a set of doors for a horizontal cabinet if anybodies in need....:D

Ended up adding a rack on my mobile plywood rack for some of the clamps I use.
Makes it a lot easier to access and replace when using them, they were on the wall before, and a bit out of the way.

Did get some of the wood together for my plywood lift I want to make, but with the cabinet door disaster, I'm a bit behind schedule.

So basicly I had a good weekend, lots of time in the garage, and other than a minor boo boo, all's going well.
Hope everybody had a safe and well weekend
Al

Nancy Laird
01-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Friday night we got the new Steel City jointer, put it together Saturday morning and posted some pictures here. Saturday afternoon we had a Creeker visit from Bruce Page and his wife, who live waaaay across town from us, nice dinner, then just puttered and played with the new camera. Sunday was another puttering day with some design work on new cabinets for the guest room and new computer desk/cabinets for the inside office, then dinner out with friends. Cold here in NM, snowed on Friday night, again on Saturday, and again last night. We have very little snow on the ground, but last night's flurries were icy and froze to cars, fences, etc. Forecasts call for more snow...we are ready for spring.

Nancy and David

Mike Goetzke
01-22-2007, 10:06 AM
I spent about 6 hours in the shop finishing the drawers for my TS wing cabinet (click image to enlarge):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/Unisaw%20Cabinet/th_IMG_0722_3_1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/Unisaw%20Cabinet/IMG_0722_3_1.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/Unisaw%20Cabinet/th_IMG_0723_4_1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/Unisaw%20Cabinet/IMG_0723_4_1.jpg)

This project seems to be taking forever...I think it's time to build something!

Roy Wall
01-22-2007, 10:28 AM
I spent about 6 hours in the shop finishing the drawers for my TS wing cabinet (click image to enlarge):

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/Unisaw%20Cabinet/th_IMG_0722_3_1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/Unisaw%20Cabinet/IMG_0722_3_1.jpg)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/Unisaw%20Cabinet/th_IMG_0723_4_1.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/Unisaw%20Cabinet/IMG_0723_4_1.jpg)

This project seems to be taking forever...I think it's time to build something!

Nice Work Mike!! Sharp setup......well done!

Don Bullock
01-22-2007, 10:40 AM
My weekend was spent mostly at the dog shows. Our puppies did well so we were pleased with their progress. Our champion female was Best of Breed one day and went on to place 4th in the Hound Group by a highly respected judge who used to show basset hounds professionaly. Needless to say, it was a super day at the dog show!

As for the shop, I did manage to assemble a new tool chest that I'm planning to use as a stand for a bench top drill press. After I had it on it's casters and upright, I started working on the wood top I'm making for it. Due to the cold temperatures I decided not to do any finish work or gluing on it until it warms up later this week. I also assembled the new Delta bench top drill press so it will be ready when the stand is finished. No, I don't have pictures. I will post them when I have it al together.

Mike Heidrick
01-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Not too much shop time this weekend with the new baby. Went out and planned for the wiring components needed for the static phase converter and motor I am setting up. Also planning the shaper motor swap hopefully latter this week. Heater element for the LVC for the shaper came in. Menards run cost me $100 for wiring for the converter and for the shaper (now two seperate projects).

Lots of time with the new baby - she is awesome.

AND - I finished Zelda Twilight Princess on Gamecube (first to do this racing against my coworkers with their fancy Wiis) - 59 hours (lots of baby sleeping time).

That and the Bears won so it was a good Sunday. Actually kinda sad though. My FIL passed away about 1.5 years ago and he was a HUGE Bears fan - wife got pretty upset when they won the NFC championship yesterday. She was sad that her dad did not get to see them in another Super Bowl.

Anyway - just waiting on the Delta shipment this week.

Also I did cut a new threshold floor strip for a buddy on the router table and chopsaw this weekend.

Tyler Howell
01-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Dull weekend.
Fighting a cold, moved some dirt in the shop and that was it:( .

Alan Greene
01-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Got quite a bit of shop time this weekend. Found my table saw was out of alignment and managed to get it all properly set up. It was a lot of fun for me as this is the first time I have adjusted a saw. It went better than expected and the blade aligns with the MITRE slot within .001 (beginners luck?). The fence aligned up quickly as well. Had a bit more trouble getting the jointer fence to return to 90 consistently. That is a finicky adjustment.

Then the fun began. I had purchased a box of cut-off wood for a really good price. Milled up the wood for a small box for the LOML and am hoping to get it together today. Still trying to learn how to joint the wood properly. A very productive weekend.

It snowed in Phoenix last night!!:cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
01-22-2007, 12:05 PM
Saturday......Honey Do list......and played with my new Jamieson hollowing rig. I actually, finally, because of the weight of the hollowing rig, screwed the Bomb to the Diving board. Worked well....turned a small bowl to 3/16" wall thickness....It was just an exercise......parted it off.....NOW the wife wants it finished.....

Sunday...turned another pen from corian.......watched football.

Ron Brese
01-22-2007, 12:30 PM
We have been living in the new house without cupboard doors in the kitchen. We were rushing to get in by Christmas and had to choose between kitchen cupboard doors or privacy doors on the bathrooms, of course the bathroom doors got priority. So this weekend I put the last coat of paint on the kitchen cupboard doors and we got them up Sunday.

Jim O'Dell
01-22-2007, 12:34 PM
Saturday......Honey Do list......and played with my new Jamieson hollowing rig. I actually, finally, because of the weight of the hollowing rig, screwed the Bomb to the Diving board. Worked well....turned a small bowl to 3/16" wall thickness....It was just an exercise......parted it off.....NOW the wife wants it finished.....

Man, you spinny folks is weird! If your lathe (bomb) in mounted to the diving board, where do you stand to do your turning?? Have some sort of floatation device that will hold you up? Isn't it hard to keep a steady hand if someone jumps into the pool? or is the pool off limits to everyone when you're turning?? AnD what about the shavings? Isn't that real hard on the pool filters??? Maybe you developed a cyclone for the pool? :D :D :D :D :D
I couldn't resist! Wish we had the falling down laughing emoticom here!

Sick all weekend. Finally felt well enough Sun afternoon to hook up the dremel chainsaw sharpener and sharpen the saw blade. Cut up a little kindling for the fireplace. Then spent about 45 minutes picking up trash and running the shop vac to pick up all the dust in the shop, well not all, but a good poortion. Then back into the house and take some more meds. Jim

Greg Peterson
01-22-2007, 12:38 PM
No woodworking, but I did make a significant step forward in getting my shop up and running. I completed the electrical upgrade to 200 amp service. Final inspection tomorrow. Next step is putting the new 40 space service panel to work. Shop lighting and outlets go in. Then insulation and sheetrock.

Then I will at least be able to get to my table saw.

Bryan Somers
01-22-2007, 12:54 PM
My weekend was spent mostly at the dog shows. Our puppies did well so we were pleased with their progress. Our champion female was Best of Breed one day and went on to place 4th in the Hound Group by a highly respected judge who used to show basset hounds professionaly. Needless to say, it was a super day at the dog show!

A big congratulations Don

Was a long weekend at work our 3rd shift man couldn't make it in Sat. or Sun. so I spent a good bit of time covering for him on top of my regular shift.

JayStPeter
01-22-2007, 1:35 PM
I got the drop ceilings up in the sections of the basement that get them. It was a hassle with lots of recessed lighting needing wiring and HVAC vents. My bad shoulder is on fire from all the overhead work. I did some cleaning and will continue to prep for flooring. Once the flooring is down I can finally get all the junk that is currently being stored in the shop out. Hopefully it'll only take a couple weeks to get my shop back.

Mark Pruitt
01-22-2007, 1:57 PM
Taught the LOML how to use the chainsaw Saturday. She ain't super-self-confident with it yet, but she'll get there! Got a bunch of logs cut to manageable lengths, piled 'em up and sealed the ends. Probably enough for about 75+ bowls/HFs/vessels. Subtract the screw-ups and it'll probably be more like 50.:rolleyes:

Sunday was the LOML's day to preach, so I was in church with her, good dinner afterwards and spent the rest of the day wasting time since I'm still limited with my right hand usage. It was a cold, nasty day outside so I couldn't do anything outdoors either.:(