PDA

View Full Version : Birdie houses

Johnathan Bussom
01-22-2007, 1:44 AM
I finally got up the nerve (means I finally finished a couple) to post a pic of a couple of these birdhouse ornaments I have been attempting to make. Thanks to John T for the help locating birds and stands!

Jonathon Spafford
01-22-2007, 3:09 AM
Those are lovely... really cool! I especially like the one on the left. How big are they???

John Hart
01-22-2007, 5:35 AM
Beautifully done Jonathan! So...where are the stands? There's an old amish couple that live next door that absolutely love birds. They have birdhouses everywhere and raise a variety of birds for the sheer enjoyment of it. I think they would appreciate something like this...and there's a birthday coming up soon.

Steve Schlumpf
01-22-2007, 8:55 AM
Very nice birdhouses Johnathan! About how big are the birds?

Bobby Perry
01-22-2007, 9:13 AM
I have a newby question. Are the birdhouses hollowed out or just a hole drilled for the entrance?

Keith Burns
01-22-2007, 9:43 AM
Very nice Jonathan !! Love all the shapes:) :)

Johnathan Bussom
01-22-2007, 11:09 AM
I was a little concerned about my style??? I don't have one! I don't really have a design in mind until I knock off the corners then it seems to come to me trying to make each one a little different..... searching for a winner I tell the LOML!

To answer questions, these birds are marked as 2" I purchsed at AC Moore. They are drilled with a 1" hole for the house then a 1/2" entry and 1/8 perch, houses vary in length (especially when I mess up) from 4 - 6" roughly.

Here are a couple more along with my acorn birdhouse. The top of my acorns are textured, bottoms are maple, no finish! My photo skills leave a lot to be disired!

John Chandler
01-22-2007, 5:38 PM
Very nice.

Bernie Weishapl
01-22-2007, 6:33 PM
Awesome Johnathan. I like the forms. What is the average size of them width and height? Looks like some are larger than the others. I posted a few and have made 8 so far. They are a ball to make. Do you drill out the body? I do on mine so the walls are 3/16" or less. Nice job.

John Terefenko
01-22-2007, 6:34 PM
Johnathan

Yea, you did it!!! Nice work. I like your styles especially the round one on the top picture. I may have to steal that design. I think the addition of the birds brings them out and you did a good job. They make great gifts and are fun to make. I bet you have more designs in mind too.