PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl in 2 weeks?

Christopher Pine
01-21-2007, 10:44 PM
:confused: SO I give up and ask the more knowlegeable sports guys (Or gals) here. I don't think I have been this out of touch but I swore the superbowl was only one week away, what happened? I know in the old days it was allways two weeks but I thought when the last expanson took place it was in one week?

Chris

Ken Fitzgerald
01-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Superbowl...Feb.4th....2 weeks.

Ron Smith ... Richmond, VA
01-21-2007, 10:58 PM
Da Bears ... I was worried about them at the half, but they came back strong. The Indy game was a good one to sit back and watch 'cause it didn't hurt who won. I was pulling for Peyton though. It should be a good game on the 4th.

Christopher Pine
01-22-2007, 9:48 AM
I know it is in two weeks.. what I was asking is I thought that changed somtime back so there was only one week between playoffs and superbowl. Anyone know why I would have that impression? Did this occur just one year or somthing?

Hmm..?

Chris

Bill Simmeth
01-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Waaaay back when it was one week, but has been two weeks for quite some time (I think starting in 1991). I believe the 2001/2002 season confused you. IIRC, that season, the start of the NFL was delayed one week for obvious reasons. In order to keep the Super Bowl on it's scheduled date, there was only one week between the Championship games and the Super Bowl.

Roy Wall
01-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Waaaay back when it was one week, but has been two weeks for quite some time (I think starting in 1991). I believe the 2001/2002 season confused you. IIRC, that season, the start of the NFL was delayed one week for obvious reasons. In order to keep the Super Bowl on it's scheduled date, there was only one week between the Championship games and the Super Bowl.

Absolutely Correct Mr. Simmeth!!!:)